Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Insert photo here...

Everyone seems to have these amazing photos of their impressive IVF drug haul. Not that I am upset (since we are likely paying out of pocket for the drugs) but our photo would be fairly pathetic. A small pack of birth control pills (done!), a small vial of lupron, 3 stim "pens" and one vial of HCG for the trigger. The loot fit neatly into my saddle-bag next to my dirty gym clothes and lunch box when I biked it home after having it delivered to my office. Again, not that Im complaining, but thus far our IVF cycle has felt pretty undramatic, definitely not more intense then a regular cycle (says the one who isnt taking nightly shots).

W has been on lupron for about a week, will start the Gonal-F on Sat and then do both (??) until mid-April-ish. I need to check my excitement/certainty that this will work, as that has often been my downfall (and this process is NEVER what you expect). But, we have been feeling pretty good about this decision and our progress thus far.

For now, we are relishing in Spring (well, yesterday anyway), thinking ahead to our first sans-Izzy cross-country trip later this month (W and I need to be in CA for a work trip/conference so we are thinking of timing it right and using it as an excuse to have a 2-night getaway!) and other summer fun.

5 comments:

  1. For the record, the cycle that brought you the Bean was even lower-key -- just stims, a few days of ganirelix, a trigger, and some coochie bullet -- and, well, that went okay.

    Don't get to comment much (blogger hates ipad, as far as I can tell), but rooting for you all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low-key can be good. I've got my fingers crossed for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of the guilty picture posters! But still wishing you lots of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! and 2 nights away alone? ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that this cycle is feeling manageable. And the getaway sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete