Saturday, April 13, 2013

Re-up -- and back in a few days

Today's ultrasound felt a bit like deja vu  -- terms like 'responding well to the meds' and 'making progress' but still no timeline for ER or ET. When W asked how many eggs there were, she got "too early to say." W finally got her period on Wednesday so maybe that is slowing things down (?). No one seems concerned with our progress --- so we just keep plodding along.  Next Tuesday, W goes back for another check-in -- that will be Day 11 of Stims. Im still thinking it might be a Thursday ER, but who knows....For those of you who have been through this, is this a normal timeline? Is there a "normal"?


5 comments:

  1. Eleven days is totally normal. Three of my four cycles I stimmed for 11 or 12 days, the last one was a little longer which freaked me out but the RE said it wasn't an issue. Some super responders stim for a really short amount of time, but I wouldn't worry. I'm confused though, she got her period while on the stims? It will all happen soon enough so I wouldn't worry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! 5 days into the stims - the doctor seemed to be ok with it (??)

      Delete
  2. My wife got AF on Sat March 30 and that was day 1 for stims. She stimmed for 12 days and triggered on day 10. ER was the 10 th of April and we did a 3 day transfer today, April 13. We saw real growth for her on day 6 of stims. They gave us a tentative timeline for ER/Et but it wasn't confirmed until day 9 or so of stims-our RE wanted at least 3 follies on each side at 20 mm a piece. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's better to stim longer. I think you want to stim for at least 8 days and 11 or more is great. I also only started stims once my period came (usually a day or two after). I guess it doesn't matter since they control everything in your cycle based on the follicle growth, so it sounds like your doc may have started W earlier *because* she wanted W to take her time growing follicles. Did you get any follicle measurements? That might help you gauge how close you are to retrieval. Anything above 18mm was considered a possible egg for our clinic.

    ReplyDelete