So here is how it went down...True to form it was a PHOTO finish!
7:50: We all leave the house.
7:58: Arrive at Iz's preschool and drop her off - she was the only kid there and we walked in with her teacher, so I grumbled something about a doctors appointment. (they open at 8)
8:50: Arrive at FF as W continues to chug vitamin water(s)
9:05: All clear on the blatter-being-full-thing
9:10: Told that we will be transferring 2 embies - one, 7-cell, grade B and one, 8-cell, grade C.
9:15-9:25: procedure- fast, painless and without drama.
9:25-9:35: "rest" as we look at the "picture" of the embies. We name the 8-cell Pigpen as that little guy looks like a hoooot mess. The 7-celler looked good (as was confirmed by Dr. Cold). We later name that one Fierce, as suggested by a friend as in "Slow but FIERCE." We are pretty sure Izzy would have bonded with Pigpen
9:35.02: pee!
9:45-10:30: dash back to Cambridge to drop W off for her 10:30 meeting. W will be in meetings or lecturing for the next 7 hours, but the "good" news is that said big-wig donor came down with the flu so the dinner is off! W will instead go to acupuncture tonight :)
Photofinish, right?
As I said before, we are being realistic about this process and the (lack of) egg quality. That said, Dr. Cold (we decided she needed a blog-name and we wanted to distinguish her from our awesome Dr. H aka Dr. Hopeful) was actually more positive and "warm" then we have ever seen her. Maybe IVF transfers bring out our her A-game. She even let a joke fly when I teed it up for her, and I think I caught a half-chuckle at my response. All and all we are feeling good about how the procedure went and now we wait....
7:50: We all leave the house.
7:58: Arrive at Iz's preschool and drop her off - she was the only kid there and we walked in with her teacher, so I grumbled something about a doctors appointment. (they open at 8)
8:50: Arrive at FF as W continues to chug vitamin water(s)
9:05: All clear on the blatter-being-full-thing
9:10: Told that we will be transferring 2 embies - one, 7-cell, grade B and one, 8-cell, grade C.
9:15-9:25: procedure- fast, painless and without drama.
9:25-9:35: "rest" as we look at the "picture" of the embies. We name the 8-cell Pigpen as that little guy looks like a hoooot mess. The 7-celler looked good (as was confirmed by Dr. Cold). We later name that one Fierce, as suggested by a friend as in "Slow but FIERCE." We are pretty sure Izzy would have bonded with Pigpen
9:35.02: pee!
9:45-10:30: dash back to Cambridge to drop W off for her 10:30 meeting. W will be in meetings or lecturing for the next 7 hours, but the "good" news is that said big-wig donor came down with the flu so the dinner is off! W will instead go to acupuncture tonight :)
Photofinish, right?
As I said before, we are being realistic about this process and the (lack of) egg quality. That said, Dr. Cold (we decided she needed a blog-name and we wanted to distinguish her from our awesome Dr. H aka Dr. Hopeful) was actually more positive and "warm" then we have ever seen her. Maybe IVF transfers bring out our her A-game. She even let a joke fly when I teed it up for her, and I think I caught a half-chuckle at my response. All and all we are feeling good about how the procedure went and now we wait....
Nice job getting it done! Now the torturous wait...I hope it goes fast for you!!
ReplyDeletewhat a morning! so glad she is off-the-hook for dinner tonight. we're rooting for you guys over here!
ReplyDeleteYay for Pigpen and Fierce! And yay for all of your awesome timing! My not-impressive looking embryo is a totally cute little toddler these days, so don't let the grading worry you too much!
ReplyDeleteWow, quite a day! Sounds like you have done all that you can possibly do. Go, Pigpen and Fierce!
ReplyDeleteKudos on the timing! I'll be pulling for pigpen and fierce! Stick babies stick!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Very exciting. I'm way behind on commenting but just want to throw in there that Buggie was a day three transfer. Stick embies, stick!
ReplyDeleteOK, wow! I expect good things from those two embies in a couple of weeks. Keep the updates coming!
ReplyDelete