Monday, March 25, 2013

hurry up and then..wait

Lupron starts tomorrow (this is getting real!) but we've spent the past week in Mexico so life is feeling deliciously slow..

A few snaps from the beach and Mexico City. It was a perfect mix of relaxation and interesting sites, but if we were to do it again, we've vote for more beach and less city time. DF was a bit overwhelming with a toddler who hates being "trapped" in a backpack or stroller, even though Izzy got to taste her first margarita (yes that is salt on the rim... no, there was no alcohol)







For those of you who did IVF, just a quick question - how much did you restructure your life? Our Dr didnt mention anything about supplements or cutting out caffeine, etc. W has been great about weekly acupuncture but needs her small coffee every morning...particularly since she submits her dissertation next MONDAY! Should she be cutting that out? How do you weigh the value of cutting out a little caffeine versus life-stress? HELP!

Happy Spring! (finally!!!)

5 comments:

  1. Great pics...Izzy is a natural with a frozen beverage and those tricky glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like a fabulous trip! And I found the DF a bit overwhelming when I was there as a college kid, I imagaine that getting a toddler through it could be exhausting for everyone.
    Good luck as you head into IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor did not mention anything either. I stopped accupunture awhile ago because of the cost... plus it did not seem to help with he IUI's. But if you can continue with it -- I personally think you should. Personally, I enjoyed accupunture and felt refreshed after, but it never helped us achieve the BFP. I started Lupron over a week and half ago and on Sunday started the stim meds. Our egg retrival is at the end of next week. IVF is a crazy roller coaster and I wish you ladies the best of luck and a big fat BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were just in Mexico too! Traveling really is so different with a toddler, isn't it? :) Good luck as you go down the IVF path. I just know that BFP is coming. Also, Izzy is so cute these days - all that red hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think the coffee will make a lick of difference, frankly. Caffeine is the most common drug in the world, and no one can make it show bad associations at less than enormous doses. I tend to think that if it were so bad, we'd have found out by now.

    The only thing I really did was acupuncture. My practitioner wanted to see me twice a week during stims and both before and after ET. I don't know if I'll be able to pull that schedule off with a toddler, though.

    ReplyDelete