We just got back from a whirlwind weekend in NYC, where we celebrated not 1, but 2 30th birthdays (the second of which was with twins, so maybe that makes it 3 birthdays), and caught up with some great friends. There were many moments throughout the weekend where I found myself crying I was laughing so hard. I love the city, I lived there for two years after college, so it has a really special place in my heart, ur..well really, my stomach. We pretty much walked the entirety of lower Manhattan, eating our way through the east and west villages at some of my favorite old places. We got to NY pretty often, as both W and I have college roommates that live there, but we had a more relaxed schedule then usual so it was nice to just enjoy the city. It is always great to have a weekend away but I inevitably come home and feel like I need a real weekend to recoup and catch up on sleep :)
In TTC news, I should have named this post Desperately-Seeking-A-High. My monitor is still reading low, which is a bit unnerving as the timing is a little dicey this cycle as we are having the little guys shipped in the ico-tank. This is all new to us (our first IUI) and we thought we guestimated well. They arrive on Tuesday, for what we hoped would be a Wednesday insem, but...yet again, (as the planner in me starts pulling her hair out), this is all so unpredictable, who knows. We have S (midwife) on 'alert' for Weds and Thus -- although she is great about being flexible - and as W keeps reminding me, if its later then that, we can always refreeze the tanks...
I guess we will just have to wait and see..Congrats to the births of the past few days, and the pregnancies that were just announced!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! We share a cycle - and now we are sharing an unexpected delay! Your spermies should be fine for a week, I think, so don't worry about a day or two beyond what you expected. What does your bank guarantee in terms of life length?
ReplyDeletehmm, good question. I think they said 5 days in the tank, but then we could re-freeze. No idea, we haven't really pushed them much since its really our sperm :)
ReplyDeleteFun - cycle-buddies, we can whine away the TWW together :)
i was late with my peak this month, too! i called the bank and they said the tank was fine a week also. (they shipped it on thurs, i got it fri, and they said it was fine until the following friday) but, i still didn't relax until i got my surge. :) good luck!
ReplyDeleteIs it weird that the 3 of us live in the same city, have the same cycle and were ALL late this month?
ReplyDeleteWe should probably have us a real-live dinner party.
I believe they told us the swimmers were good in the tank for 7 days. You should be just fine with a a day here or there. :) Don't stress!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I share the frustration with the CBEFM. I had to stop using mine because it was all over the map (sometimes jumped from low to peak with no high, sometimes never gave a peak). It drove me nuts! But I know some folks who swear by it. I switched to disposables and was much calmer. Good luck this cycle!
ReplyDeletehmmm, thanks for the feedback, and to add even more relief, it seems the swimmers are good for 72 hours (thanks, Ruby!, really?). And yes...I love the idea, but Im not sure W could stand an entire meal of TTC gossip :)
ReplyDeleteSorry this is a bit behind the times, but anyway.
ReplyDeleteWhat we've decided to do is have our sperm bank ship several months worth to a facility here in town. That way, we don't have to worry about ordering a week in advance for shipping reasons, especially since my wife's cycle is on the irregular side. The place in town also makes it nice and easy to go get the tank refilled with nitrogen, although it sounds like you've already got that covered. I don't know if that's workable/helpful for you, but I just thought I'd share the idea.