Sunday, January 17, 2010

And now for something completely different...

we are doing an IUI this cycle..two to be exact! I guess for most of you is not all that exciting as this seems to be the norm, but we are really hyped. We've been doing 'live' inseminations thus far -- which are literally one step up from the turkey-baster method. In some senses its not all that complicated, but it will be nice to have a 'professional' involved this time around, just in case. After a few dead-ends we found the Boston-metro midwives association and next week are meeting with S who will hopefully be our midwife and doing our at-home IUIs. In other news, I feel like I have PRS on speed-dial these days (We seem to talk at least twice a week, --- to check-in about paperwork for us and KD and to report on KDs sperm count, etc)...but we are finally done with all the red tape (fingers crossed) and overall have had a pretty good experience with them.

Its CD 6, and I usually ovulate around CD 18, so we are looking at a Thursday insemination the last week of the month. Come on #4! We decided to have the metal stork shipped for a Tuesday arrival (just in case) -- does that sound good? too early?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, very cool. I'll probably be ovulating a few days after you (usually around day 16 for me and I'm on Day 2 now).

    Let's hope this is the cycle for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuesday sounds like a good plan. They say the sperm are ok in the tank for 7 days. Good to have them there and ready just in case you ovulate early.
    Good luck with your IUIs. It will put the goods in the right place, kinda like a head start!
    I'm glad your dealings with PRS have been good so far. Just watch your bank account :). Make sure you check your charges.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I can't wait to hear about your experience with a midwife and at-home IUIs. Are you doing them 24 hours apart or 12? Lots of luck...we'll be TWWing again right along with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you can do IUI at home. That's amazing. Also, metal stork, ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. go #4! and we'll be checking out that midwives association you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah! thanks for the positive feedback (it offsets the disappointment of the election -- sad!) We are doing 12/18 hours apart, as i seem to ovulate on the day that i get my first peak. We'll see how the timing really goes, we meet with S tomorrow so we are hoping she has some advice.

    ReplyDelete