I guess this is going to be a 3 post day, ha! Ok, Not really, I promise I am done after this one. We had a FANTASTIC IUI this morning. If there are any of you out there in the boston area let me know, S (our midwife) is really awesome! S came over around 11 and by 11:30 we were done. It was quick, painless and actually kind of fun. W got to do the whole thing, from speculum to plunger (as they say :). After eating a late breakfast - challah toast and eggs (my fav), I zipped off to acupuncture for an incredibly relaxing hour-long meditative nap.
Thanks to all of you for your quick responses on the life-span issue, I've got one more for you...As I said, I tend to get the temp rise the day after my first peak, so I always assume that I ovulate at some point the day of or the night after my first peak. When we are using fresh sperm our approach is the more the better so we usually do every other 'high' day and then the day of the peak and the day after (DPO1). This time around we were thinking of doing it the morning of the peak (this morning) and then again tonight, which would mean we are totally covered if I do ovulate today or tonight, but not so much if not until tomorrow. "Research" indicates that you are supposed to ovulate 24-36 hours after peaking, but (annoyingly), everyone is different so thats not a hard and fast rule. I OPKed last night, and didnt get a rise, so there is no chance I peaked later in the day yesterday. (Wow, this is making me sound kind of obsessive in my testing, which, I guess I am this time around).
So, do you guys think we should go with our gut (and somewhat unrelyaible history) and inseminate again tonight, or follow the reseach and wait until tomorrow morning?
Thoughts, advice or premonitory dreams?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd say go with your gut (and what you know about your body from previous cycles) over what the research shows.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Pomegranate. Always go with go with your gut.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had great first IUI experience. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it is your only one!