The bad news of course is that the election last night was a DISASTER. Ugg, I feel like we let the country down, come _on_ MA!
But, in better news today we began our 10-day run of peeing-on-stixs -- yeah! I always feel so productive (!!) once this starts.
And in even BETTER news, we met our midwife this afternoon, yes I am being presumptuous this it will all work out, but as she said, "Im here to get the baby in and then get it out" -- love it!
S came to our house to meet us, hear our oh-so-exciting saga of baby-making and ask a few questions before next week's IUI. Overall we really, really liked her -- she has a relaxed yet professional approach to the process and is even going to let W push the baby-juice in!!! (after she threads the syringe, etc). She answered all of our questions and gave us some good pointers. We are thrilled to be working with her, and _finally_ can spend this cycle thinking things other than flights and travel logistics. I dont think anyone has ever been more excited for an IUI!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck, good luck! I tried commenting but not sure it worked - hope this goes through. Anyway, amazing that you're working with a midwife for the IUIs. That is SO what I would do next time.
ReplyDeleteYes, I don't really know what to say about the election. Just when you think you live in a safe, blue-state bubble! (Did I mention I live in Boston?) Alas, onto the next battle.
ReplyDeleteGREAT news about finding a midwife you like. I really wish I had known about the midwife route before I started with my fancy fertility center. We plan to work with midwives from the second we find out we're pregnant, but somehow it didn't occur to me that a midwife could be the one to get you there! I'm impressed with you west-coasters for circumnavigating the rules of the Conventional Empire. I feel stuck with our center now since we are looking at IVF after one more IUI. I thought they would be doing all kinds of monitoring and testing and keeping on top of important medical things for us...but after the initial testing not so much. Just "try again" and "try again." But definitely good stuff to know about for when it's Rose's turn.
Peeing on sticks right along with you! I'm expecting a smiley face tomorrow or the next day. Good luck and I can't wait to hear how it goes!
That is great that you have found a midwife that you all like and that you will be adding a twist to your home insems. We have been using a midwife for all our IUI's.I have lots of faith in midwives! I hope that this extra little help will be all that you all need to get your BFP soon!
ReplyDeleteHey Ruby, I didn't know you were local - So fun! You should definitely get in contact with S (midwife) once you get preggers -- she is great (or at least, that's my assessment after knowing her for 1 hour :) - Im pretty sure I know the fancy clinic you guys are using - While fancy, I hear that they are _really_ nice and efficient.
ReplyDeleteAlimis -- are you guys doing yours at home, is so whats the deal with the cookie sheet???
I'm also jealous of the midwife IUI! Sounds so much nicer than the RE's office. I'm following your blog but can't get it to come up on my list for some reason. Huh. Thanks for stopping by mine!
ReplyDelete