We went to meet our midwife yesterday and while we really liked her and the hospital in general, we were disappointed that she didn't give us an ultrasound. Yes, we have been a bit overindulgent (2 scans in the first 7 weeks), but were hoping since this is a new place and we are almost 9 weeks that we could sneak one in. Nope. Apparently my uterus is measuring correctly and since I am low risk, no dice. We will be waiting until week 12 and the screening tests for our next peak at the peanut.
In other news, I am still feeling pretty lousy. Another wise blogger, refers to the feeling as cruppy - I might be convinced to go all the way to crappy, but for now, I'll stick with cruppy too :) Last week I graduated from feeling nauseous to actually throwing up, which I _thought_ would at least make me feel better - nope! But I think it is all exacerbated by the heat so hopefully in 32 hours, when we are Bay Area-based, that aspect will disappear. In additions to the complaint section, I am starting to swell and get carpal tunnel like sensations in my wrist. I was worried that it was a bit early to get this, but our midwife assured me, it was "normal" - oh well. I am hoping that too goes away in cooler climes.
We are really excited to head west for a month. Being out at the beach is generally our favorite time of the year. It gives us time to be together in a place that we both find peaceful, beautiful and invigorating. We get to see some of our best friends who live in the Bay Area and this year, some of our dearest friends from all over are coming out to stay with us. Overall, its bliss and I am really REALLY looking forward to some relaxation!
The only *drama* of the month is that we still need to find a doc in the Bay Area who will write me a script for my First Tri Screening. We had hoped that our midwife in MA could write a scrip for the tests and then have the results sent back to her. I mean, people MUST travel all the time between weeks 11 and 13, right? BUT CA is one of the states that only will fill in-state requests, and surprisingly not many midwives/OBs want to take on a "new patient" for only one visit. If Bay Area-based folks have recommendations for a good local OB or midwive, please send 'em my way.
Westward Ho!
UPDATE: We got the script, thanks to W who spent hours on the phone, urr, hold, to track down an OB! We are good to go for the first trimester screening..yeeees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on nearing 9 weeks! Sorry no pics, but at least the reason is because everything is looking good! A month in the Bay sounds pretty wonderful to me. I lived there for 4 years and don't get back nearly enough. Enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteOoh, you're progressing so fast! I'm excited for you guys and peanut. I hear you on wanting as many pix as you can get - but so glad all looks low-risk.
ReplyDeleteWow, things are moving along, aren't they? Kudos! I love my peeps at St. Lukes Women's Center here in the city. I have no idea how they may feel about the one-time patient deal, but so far they have been fairly flexible for my needs. If you go, Dr. Norell is the OB you want to see, but really, any of them would be good. I've seen three and they have all been great. Any of the CNM's are awesome as well. Good luck on the meds, and I do hope this coastal air calms some of your symptoms.
ReplyDeleteYou said you have your script now - does that include the nuchal scan (12 week ultrasound)? We went to UCSF for the scan and the technician spent a good 30-40 mins showing us everything! It was very cool. (Place was a little small but the people were great.)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip out here. It's been nice and warm lately. :)
I'm not home right now but will be on Friday - I'll get you the UCSF info then. :)
ReplyDeleteTHANKS!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time at the beach...I am also glad to see that you got the script for the screening. I am sure it was an labor intensive job.
ReplyDeleteWe had to ask for early ultrasounds as well. Low risk is good!
ReplyDelete