Weds means a new week! Our peanut is 8 weeks..roughly the size of a quarter (I had to get away from the food measurements for the time being :).
We broke down and bought the large-format "Day by Day" so we can obsess over what the peanut is doing daily (or at least get tips about washing veggies and not worrying when your wife is in tears over spilt milk..whatever). While getting dressed in the morning, we turn to The Day and read something new. I LOVE advent calendars so its no surprise that this is my favorite ways to count down!
All is still the same in nauseous-land -- the mornings are the worst but by about 9pm (just as I am crawling in bed), I start feeling pretty good! Ive been able to get some fruits and veggies down (thanks for all of your advice) and have not become the hamburgler. Work has been a bit more quiet lately, which is really nice, as I definitely fade around 2pm. Last night I even finished a quilt that I have been working on for a really close friend who just had a baby boy....it was a huge accomplishment as we are visiting him this Saturday and I am pretty much useless most nights after 8pm.
We leave for CA in a week so it will be a pretty busy next 7 days. Wow. I cant believe we are a month away from the *magical* 12 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, 8 weeks already! How exciting. I'm sure the next month will fly by, especially when you've got a trip planned. Sounds like you're taking it easy and doing good things for yourself like going to bed early. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteHooray, 8 weeks! Sorry about the nausea. It can only get better, right? I love the idea of a day by day. I don't think once a week would be enough info for me! :)
ReplyDeleteHello 8 weeks! That felt like an important milestone to me, too. You will start to feel better...eventually. Promise. ;)
ReplyDeleteYay, 8 weeks!! That is fantastic news! The day by day thing is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI have mixed feelings about all the "your embryo is the size of X food this week" things myself. On the other hand, I've heard of ones that compare the size (particularly in later weeks, I'm thinking)to various woodland critters, and I find that a lot more disturbing, honestly. Those just cause me to imagine a squirrel inside someone's abdomen, and that is really really creepy in my book. At least food belongs in your abdomen, even if the constant comparing does seem to suggest that you somehow ate your future offspring.
ReplyDeleteYes, I know, I'm a bit (or a lot) odd.
Congrats on hitting 8 weeks, though. It does feel like a milestone. :-)
Congrats on your 8 week milestone! That was fast(for me anyway, probably not for you)! :)
ReplyDeleteKeeping yourself busy this next month will help it fly by.
I can relate to the "A truck just flattened me" by 2pm feeling.
Hope that you start feeling better soon!
So excited for you! 8 weeks and so very close to the coveted 12 week mark. Seeing as the next week will be packed with fun - you will be there in no time! Enjoy CA and bring pictures home with you to share.
ReplyDeleteHey congrats on 8 weeks-what a great feeling! Sounds like you'll have a great time in California celebrating it. Maybe the air here will clear that nausea up-here's to hoping!
ReplyDelete