So we decided to tell our parents and it was actually really nerve-wracking but wonderful. I was too nervious so I made W do it. The six of us were out to dinner at one of our favorite local places and after we all sat down and got our drinks (water for me!) she told them - no gimics, no tricks -- just like ripping off a bandaid. My parents were COMPLETELY suprised -- my mom even jumped out of her chair in excitement and kept hugging me throughout the meal. As we were walking out of the restaurant, my dad came over and asked when we would get our first ultrasound (this Weds!) and would we send him the pic..W's parents were really excited as well, although they didnt have the surprise factor, so it was less dramatic :)
Anyways, we are excited and terrified to "see" the peanut on Weds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! Your mom's reaction is awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the big parental reveal. It's always a big one.
You'll be delighted on Wed to see your tiny baby!
Awesome! I'm glad it went well with everyone. And I'm a little jealous that you get to see your peanut before we get to see ours. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting. It sounds like it all went wonderfully. Looking forward to Wednesday’s post!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm so glad it went well. I know how nerve wracking it can be when they don't know about TTC, too...love your mom's reaction, so sweet. Can't wait to hear about the sneak peek!
ReplyDelete