Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Look ma, two hands....

Yup, that's right, we are two-hands, aka 10 weeks today! Over the past week the nausea has definitely decided to tone it down as have my food aversions. Its GREAT! I only feel slightly sick a few times a day and some days, not at all! And, more importantly, I am eating beyond that of a college frat boy! I can stomach an amazing array of fruits and veggies! (It doesn't hurt that the grocery aisles are loaded with stonefruit and the most amazing summer crop of squash, artichokes and asparagus, oh my!) As I suspected the Bay Area "summer" aka 65 - low 80s has meant that I have a lot more energy and actually enjoy being outside! We've taken some walks on the beach and even a hike, and while I was completely winded on the up-hill portions, its so nice to be able to exercise again! The only trade-off for the ability to eat juicy fruits and veggies and not feel nauseous %80 percent of the day is that I am TIRED. As in T.I.R.E.D from about 2pm onwards and can NOT stay awake past 8:30pm even with a mid-afternoon "power-nap."

We go in a week from today to meet our "OB-for-a-day" to get the script for the First Trimester Screening Tests. We are really excited to see the little peanut again. Its been so long (last ultrasound was at 6.5 weeks) and we are definitely the type who love visuals!

In other news, its great being out west for the month. We have already had so many friends up the beach for 4th of July festivities (there is an annual tug of war in our small beach town against the town across the sand spit, I decided to participate and despite the fact that I still can't reach my arms overhead as I am so sore, it has won me a renewed notoriety around town :). Its nice to spend this time with W up here, both of us working during the day, and then taking the afternoon off to explore a local trail or walk the pup along the beach. Ah...summer!

4 comments:

  1. I can tell by the sheer number of exclamation points that you're in bliss! I always feel like I've been transported to an alien planet when I confront a California produce market. It's just too perfect to be real there. Lucky you!

    Congrats on double digits!! The exhaustion will subside - I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly chose the perfect time to visit CA. The weather news for the east coast is scary! Glad you're enjoying all the produce and lovely beaches. :) Don't foget the strawberries and avocado right now. They are delicious!
    Congrats on 10 weeks! Your first trimester is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post - pleased for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all sounds pretty heavenly. I'll try not to let myself get obsessed with jealousy :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete