Friday, June 18, 2010

Be careful what you wish for....

...hello nausia -- fun. It began the day we hit 7 weeks. Its pretty constant all day, until (oddly) at 7pm when it goes away. Not to worry, thats when the heartburn comes to take its place...

oh well, at least its a "good" sign, right?

Any one have any suggestions about how to get and keep veggies down? Ive turned into a hot-dog/pizza/hamburger feind (which is VERY un-me) and gag when I think about cous-cous or anything green.

10 comments:

  1. Try putting your veggies in a smoothie. I tricked myself into eating a lot more vegetables in my first trimester through kale, OJ, frozen peach and yogurt smoothies. If you have a juicer, that's another easy way to just gulp down veggies without having to think about them too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry no advice here, but congratulations on the good sign of sticky pregnancy! Sorry it feels like sh#t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was like that with veggies too - all I wanted around week 7 was simple carbs, like cereal and waffles and sugary drinks. I made myself drink one of those veggie/fruit smoothies on days I didn't eat any veggies. I also started eating a LOT of fruit. (I usually really like vegetables and am totally indifferent to fruit.)

    And yes, it's a good sign! Isn't it nice to FEEL pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on the good signs (as uncomfotable as they may be). Your hormones are doing their job!
    I'll chime in on the smoothie also. Although I didn't have any aversions to veggies I still snuck more in via a smoothie. Adding spinach is good also - can't taste it one bit.
    Maybe make sure you have as many veggies as you can stand on the burgers and pizza also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the encouraging sign, much as it sucks.

    My wife is currently veggie-averse herself, but finds them more palatable if they're pureed. So in addition to the juice suggestion, maybe soups? My wife is still good with vegetables in soups. Then again, I don't know what the temperature is like there. Here, it's still cool enough for soup to sound appealing. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've started adding spinach to noodle soup in desperation. As long as it gets well mixed in then it's fine. Other than that, I've found I'm ok with bananas, tinned peaches and orange juice. (Not all at the same time though!)

    -ryuk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto on the smoothies; Uno drank one every morning during the first trimester, and it helped stave off the worst of the morning nausea. But the simple carbs will go a long way, and you know, you'll pick back up with the veggies later. :) Anyway, I'm SO happy to hear about this positive pg. sign! Go Peanut. Stick it to 'em.

    Also, we have a friend who has worked as at the Cambridge Birth Center as a doula, if you want her contact info - pop me an email and I can pass her info along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. or maybe it wasn't as a doula, but on staff generally. Anyway, she knows the place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry that it sucks, but congratulations on the real live pregnancy symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, no veggie advice. I am glad to hear that you are having some preggo symptoms-that must be reassuring.

    ReplyDelete