A lot of you out there have been posting recently about your thoughts of having a boy (male), but I am here to talk about a different kind of mail...
I LOVE getting mail, so much so that W knows not to take it in when she comes home before I do because it is one my favorite rituals of getting home. We dont really get all that much mail - we are on every 'no catalog' list -- as one who hopes to "save the environment", I pretty much track down all junk-mail senders with angry phone calls until the unwanted paper stops coming -- and we almost never order items off-line (buy local!!). All of our bills are paid on-line and how often can your friends really go on trips and send postcards (I on the other hand send postcards whenever I am out of town, even if just to W from a business trip!) - I write between 10-20 postcards every vacation, and have even turned W on to my crazy ways. My mom and grandmother both know how much I love getting mail, so they often send me newspaper clippings or cards that made them laugh, but the internet has cut that down as well...Some days, we don't get one item of mail :(
So this is all just to say how COMPLETELY ECSTATIC I was yesterday to come home to a thick (!!!) envelope from a return address I didn't recognize, or at least didn't recognize at first....and then I opened it. A CD from Insert Metaphor! Not only was I thrilled to receive it, but (yeah!) a CD. I cant wait to listen to it. Thank you guys, you totally TOTALLY made my day and reminded me, yet again, what a wonderful community this is. As Schroe said, it is truly wonderful to have you all in our life, we would not be getting through this process without you! Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed getting the cd so much! I love mail too (though, it sounds, not as much as you). I hope you like the mix as much as the mail (or close to as much).
ReplyDeleteHey ... I love getting mail too, but found that I was getting nothing but brown envelopes either telling me about the money I don't have, or asking me for the money I don't have ... so I joined www.interpals.net and now I have penpals with whom I write regularly from all over the world! You should give it a spin! :)
ReplyDeleteYou like postcards.. there are tons of postcard communities. I'm apart on a LiveJournal postcard community and it saves my day sometimes. It's so nice getting something unexpected in the mail - especially awesome sites, scenes or words from far off places.
ReplyDelete