Temp dropped again today, still above the coverline but certainly headed in that direction. Just for the hell of it, and because FF told us we could, we tested anyways. We knew were weren't supposed to, as the HCG is still in my body (last shot was Tuesday am, it takes up to a week - Dr. G was clear that any test before Tuesday AM would a false positive), But oh well...double line! It cheered us up, even if its just because of the shots.
In celebration, or despair, I treated myself for a long run by the river. We are both bummed, but ready to talk about the possibility of a medicated cycle and work with Dr. G on a more aggressive path that might consider IVF in the near future. This was our 3rd IUI cycle, and our 6th attempt (first 3 were 'live') over a 9 month period. When you think about it, thats a long time and we are starting to get impatient.
I leave for LA tonight, W is not looking forward to the next few days of being-home-alone-ness and it always hard to travel right in the middle of all of this, but hopefully the weather will be nice and I can came back home and jump right in the next cycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think it's crazy or impatient to be ready for something more aggressive after 9 months of trying. After paying for 3 failed cycles I was ready for the big guns! I was constantly under stress over what felt like dumping our money down the drain and only waited until try #7 for IVF because that's when our insurance kicked in. If our insurance hadn't covered it, I would have gone for it around try #4. Perhaps that just makes *me* impatient - but it was starting to feel like TTC was controlling my life, and just as Shroe's calculations proved, overall IVF seemed to make more financial sense. I'm glad I did it!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy LA and come back refreshed and ready for the next cycle.
You never know - this cycle may still be it! Don't give up yet (except maybe the temping...). If it hasn't worked this time I don't blame you for wanting to entertain ivf earlier. C and I were thinking the same thing when we got our positive. It's hard to wait so long!
ReplyDeleteI too hope you're actually wrong. But if not, I hear ya about wanting to move on to something more aggressive. I wish we had gone to IVF sooner, I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that this wasn't going to happen otherwise. Sounds like you're in a better head space about it than I was :-)
ReplyDelete:(
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Here's hoping you're pregnant! But regarding considering IVF, I just got done with my 6th IUI and am all of a sudden embracing IVF, after feeling sure that I'd never want to go there. It doesn't take long for this process to become really exhausting!
ReplyDeleteHi, just came across your blog. We are also, kind of, TTC with lots of long long months without any attempts at all, and am currently on an enforced hiatus until August.
ReplyDeleteI would still be hopeful for this cycle - it ain't over til the fat lady sings!! Fingers crossed for you.