Monday, February 1, 2010

too late, too early..whats a girl to do..

So after the saga last week of waiting, waiting, waiting for High, and then waiting and waiting for Peak, now we are not exactly sure if I have ovulated yet. As I said, I generally ovulate on the same day that I peak, but, we didn't see a temp rise on Sunday and the stix was still pretty strong, so we figured I would O on the second peak day. BUT then again this morning, no temp rise, so...after a few minutes of worrying, strategizing and realizing that there was _nothing_ we could do at this point, W and I decided that we would forget the temping for this month, focus on the 'other' signs and be happy that we 'hit' the CM, cervix and monitor right on target. I feel like I am somehow abusing fertility friend, but I'm putting her on manual override, calling it a Saturday ovulation, and then ditching her for the next few weeks. And *bang* look at that, I'm DPO 2 - HA! We aren't going to temp, compare charts or google stalk signs this month -- either we hit it perfectly or _completely_ missed it. I guess we will know in two weeks!

5 comments:

  1. I had to stop charting after a few months because I was driving myself crazy with doubt and second-guessing. I don't think this is the best advice for everyone, but the stress for me was too great and I wasn't able to trust anything about the process until I put the thermometer away. I feel your doubts and worries and they are very familiar. I say trust your instincts with timing this round, assume the good signs are trustworthy (the fact that your first IUI was so easy implies to me that your cervix was open for ovulation) and use whatever info you gather as fodder for any future cycle you may have...but hopefully you won't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with dragon..temping confuses the hell out of me some months. It seems like you know exactly when to expect your O, so with your CM and monitor telling you yes, then following those signs seems like the best option. Hitting it on the head or missing it completely...either way you will be able to understand what happened in a couple of weeks. Here's to a relaxed and successful TWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been temping religiously for 7 months and half-assed for a year before that. It's something I need for my sanity and I wouldn't stop, but at the same time I think some months the charts are pretty useless.

    This month it helped. I had a small shift 3 days after the trigger. It wasn't much but I know my charts so I know it meant something. Other months, the OPK and my cervical mucous have to be my reliable signs because the charts are all over the place. The more stress factors I've got around me, the less reliable the charts become.

    So I guess what I'm saying is that even for a religious charter, sometimes they just don't make sense. I can certainly understand the need to STOP charting. Do what brings you the most peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, I am just finding your blog (thanks to you commenting on mine). Fingers crossed for a positive outcome this round!

    I would definitely like the info you suggested on waiving the 6 mo quarantine. We asked specifically about this option, since we have been 'exposed' to KD's sperm quite a few times, he is religious about having himself tested and has been celibate longer than I have known him. We were told no, it didn't matter. Maybe it has to do with the clinic or the state we are in, I am not sure, but the more info I am armed with the better! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had so much trouble with temping -- Uno's charts looked crazy and had no rhyme or reason to them. After a while we also gave up on it! But by then we were doing the trigger shot, so our doc lined up the IUI 36 hours post-shot regardless. Anyway, timing is such a bitch, but it sounds like all symptoms were positive, so here's hoping for your BFP!

    ReplyDelete