W and I go back and forth trying to decide if we should be hopeful (and read into every little, silly twinge) or doubtful so that we can be pleasantly surprised by amazing news at the end of two weeks. At this point, we've tried it all: feeling doubtful week 1, then hopeful, feeling hopeful, then doubtful, one of us feeling hopeful the whole cycle, switching roles, pretty much every combination to 'trick' or 'tempt' fate and avoid any superstitious bad karma. This cycle, we are both being wishful -- we figured that is safer, we can talk about how much we 'wish' we were pregnant (activate those positive feeling receptors), but not set ourselves up for disappointment by actually thinking that we ARE pregnant. We are a week in, DPO 7, by next weekend we will know, its just a matter of putting our head down and getting through this increasingly surreal process. Because thats what it is, right, pretty darn surreal.
In other, less abstract news, we spent last night babysitting our favorite 3 month old, which always brings up feelings of slight jealousy, but mostly love and amazement. And in other TTC news, our friends who have been at this game over a year, are going in on Tuesday for their 5-day transfer. The success rates sound awesome. We are so happy for them, but guiltily feeling left behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Honestly, the only thing that has ever really worked for me is complete denial and distracting myself as much as possible. The internet makes that lots harder, as I feel torn between really, really wanting to hear success stories and feeling really cheated by others' successes. It's a hard line to walk.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! We'll both know in a week or so...
I'm trying to go with a wishful/hopeful attitude this month. Last month I was doubtful and still managed to be let down.
ReplyDeleteOnly a few more days of waiting now...
I'm with mamaandmummy. The only thing that works for me is completely forgetting about the whole thing for as long as I can. I spent the first couple of TWWs obsessing about every twinge. And now I'm like, hm, could mean something, could mean nothing...and there's absolutely nothing I can do to confirm it either way right now. So, waiting! I know, it sucks. Hang in there. I'll be checking in!
ReplyDelete