W is gonna wait until tomorrow for any sort of testing to condense the potential (likely?) disappointment into one day. I think its a good plan; she has acupuncture, therapy and then we have dinner plans (sans Izzy) so its as good a day as for self-care and support, but I hate the idea of finding out the results from a phone call, while we are apart in our respective offices. Im lobbying for a pee stick in the morning so we have a sense of what the outcome will be, but ultimately the decision is hers.
Tomorrow is T(test)-day, followed by our 4-year wedding anniversary and then our last night in town for the summer. Its gonna be a busy next two weeks full of travel and family and beach-fun. After spending 10 days in Sweden with W's entire family (6 of us are traveling from the US and the rest of her mother's family live in Sweden), we are headed west (14+ hours of flying) for summer in the Bay. My parents are spending the long 4th weekend with us so we will have some extra hands through the time-change/transition and Im excited for so much family down-time. Our beach-filled summers are the bedrock of our year. Its the time we connect with each other, our long-time community out west and ourselves in the most beautiful place on earth. Im excited to have this time for our family, our relationship and ourselves. I don't think we will put TTC on-hold for the whole summer, but we will have more time to focus on the emotions behind our frustrations and, most certainly, mapping out a new plan.
Thank you for your comments of support and stories, I *really* appreciate them!
Tomorrow is T(test)-day, followed by our 4-year wedding anniversary and then our last night in town for the summer. Its gonna be a busy next two weeks full of travel and family and beach-fun. After spending 10 days in Sweden with W's entire family (6 of us are traveling from the US and the rest of her mother's family live in Sweden), we are headed west (14+ hours of flying) for summer in the Bay. My parents are spending the long 4th weekend with us so we will have some extra hands through the time-change/transition and Im excited for so much family down-time. Our beach-filled summers are the bedrock of our year. Its the time we connect with each other, our long-time community out west and ourselves in the most beautiful place on earth. Im excited to have this time for our family, our relationship and ourselves. I don't think we will put TTC on-hold for the whole summer, but we will have more time to focus on the emotions behind our frustrations and, most certainly, mapping out a new plan.
Thank you for your comments of support and stories, I *really* appreciate them!
Not that it matters, but I support your pee stick in the morning idea. Personally, I'd rather find out the likely results together, at home, than separately, at work.
ReplyDeleteEither way, fingers crossed for you guys!
Thinking of you both during this anxious time. I feel like there was never a "good" time to test for us--I didn't like finding out by phone when we weren't together, but the early-morning/middle-of-the-night home tests were rough too. I'm hoping that, whenever you test, it will be good news.
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy Anniversary!
POAS in the morning sounds like a good idea to me, though it is W's choice. Sending you all the good thoughts and hopes I can. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI felt nothing, and had bleeding on what would have been day 1 of my cycle. I almost didn't go in for the test and was going to go out drinking that night to drown my sorrows. But I went for the test anyway, and it was actually kinda cool to find out from a phone call because the nurse was so excited for us. Oh and for what it's worth, I had 26 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilize, and only 2 make it to transfer. And I ended up with twins, so the quality / outcome of the eggs that don't make it really doesn't indicate how the cycle will turn out. Good luck!
ReplyDelete