I wouldn't say it was perfect - the doctor seemed a bit off her game, the lab tech had trouble getting us a clear shot of the blasts entering the uterus, and W has had some cramping since the procedure, but...its done! I saw the plume of air as the blasts went in and our favorite nurse was there to wish us well. We ate take-out indian food (our fav) and are cuddled on the couch watching re-runs of Numb3rs.
Our clinic doesn't really subscribe to grading the blasts but the doc suggested we transfer 2: one really nice looking mature/100+ cells with no fragmentation and one smaller "still growing" with no fragmentation - when I asked specifically about numbers, she said either a Grade 4 or 5 and a Grade 3. So not perfect, but good and maybe even great --at this point, we are hope for "good enough"!
We will know tomorrow if any of the 6 remaining blasts are mature enough to freeze. They weren't ready today but we are hoping we might get some takers tomorrow.
W has acupuncture in 15 minutes and then will nap for a few hours this afternoon -- all and all an uneventful transfer day - we arent feeling as optimistic as I hoped we would.
In the meantime, keep those appendages crossed!
Our clinic doesn't really subscribe to grading the blasts but the doc suggested we transfer 2: one really nice looking mature/100+ cells with no fragmentation and one smaller "still growing" with no fragmentation - when I asked specifically about numbers, she said either a Grade 4 or 5 and a Grade 3. So not perfect, but good and maybe even great --at this point, we are hope for "good enough"!
We will know tomorrow if any of the 6 remaining blasts are mature enough to freeze. They weren't ready today but we are hoping we might get some takers tomorrow.
W has acupuncture in 15 minutes and then will nap for a few hours this afternoon -- all and all an uneventful transfer day - we arent feeling as optimistic as I hoped we would.
In the meantime, keep those appendages crossed!
sounds like it was pretty good, which is better than just good, right? we're crossing fingers and toes over here. enjoy your relaxing afternoon together!
ReplyDeletep.s. i'm having leftover indian for lunch (from last night) because we're trying to get our fave delivered every week until we move to a place where there is no indian let alone delivery anything.
fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, ladies! Stick, little embies, stick! Also, jealous of your Indian food-- there isn't any here!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it went VERY well. It's really great that you were able to do a 5-day transfer. I also love how much it shortens the wait! GOOD LUCK!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat ladies! Keeping everything crossed! Sounds like you had some fantastic embies!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you're feeling a bit down--it all sounds really promising! Keeping everything crossed over here!
ReplyDeleteHoping for a sticky singleton! And some to freeze!
ReplyDeleteI think we've decided on two as well. I know you aren't optimistic, but I'm keeping eve rything crossed for you.
ReplyDelete