We still have 8, three are fair and five look strong so they pushing for a 5-day. They said they want to be sure they pick the best of the bunch so a Monday transfer it is. I am both excited (yeah! 5dt) but also a bit nervous (get them in there already). The dr seemed confident with the decision and the reasoning makes perfect sense. If its an egg quality issue, we want to pick the best -- by Monday we will have a better sense of that.
The elephant in the room, of course, is how many to transfer. Twins sounds hard, and expensive and tiring -- but an even more devastating outcome would be none. So at this point, unless the doctor says otherwise, we are probably gonna transfer 2.
Go embies, go!
The elephant in the room, of course, is how many to transfer. Twins sounds hard, and expensive and tiring -- but an even more devastating outcome would be none. So at this point, unless the doctor says otherwise, we are probably gonna transfer 2.
Go embies, go!
Sounds like things are going really well! Yay!
ReplyDeleteAnd unless you're absolutely opposed to twins (and identical twins can still result from one embryo, so there's always that), I would go with two as well. Of course, I say that as someone with a singleton toddler and a current singleton pregnancy, but I still think that's the decision I would lean toward in your shoes. (Unless the doctor recommends otherwise, in which case I might reconsider.)
We've got our fingers crossed for you guys!
Well you just never know-we used a grade a 8 cell and a grade b 8 cell and both stuck! We were completely freaked out but the shock has worn off and we are ecstatic. Two is better than none for sure-but I guess I'm a little biased ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, hooray! I am rooting hard for you here, just so you know! I am a terrible commenter these day but am thinking of you often. :) Good luck!
ReplyDelete