Friday, May 31, 2013

Thar she grows...

Maybe I'm infected with nautical talk (or at least a fake pirate accent) as we take a similar plunge but things seem to be growing every where I look. Spring, go figure!!

In three parts:

Blood work today (Day 7 of stims) indicates good activity on the right side -- lesser so on the left, but Dr Mean (who might need a new name), was actually the nicest she has ever been, as she took a wand and 'approved' W progress. Dr. H called this afternoon to say that the numbers looked good and she expected a trigger on Monday (only 9 or 10 days of stims??) and then a retrieval on Wednesday morning. Of course, thats the morning that W's lab was throwing her a *surprise* graduation party, but....it wouldn't be true to form if the dates weren't the worst possible. This kid is already wreaking havoc on our schedules...

Did I say graduation? YUP, she did. I am so unbelievably proud of W. Izzy participated in Wednesday's robing and, of course, assumed the applause was for her :)



In other growing news, Izzy is turning into such a little person and I love.love.love listening to her narrate her life, thoughts and..(we ARE two) demands. Parent-teacher-conferences (ha, ya..) were last week and Im afraid I am that (annoying) person who cant get enough of hearing her kid praised. It was fun to hear her teachers talk about the progress she has made over the past academic year - from an 18-month old baby who could string two or three words together in English --- to a potty-trained, Spanish-comprehending, full-sentence speaking kid who gets to "walk on the rope" instead of being pushed in the buggy to the park - major milestones, people! She is loud and stubborn and very rambunctious but also incredibly empathetic and determined -- in essence, a perfect mix of W and me. Its amazing to witness life through her eyes and so much fun to join her on the journey of growing up.

My fingers, toes and every other body part are crossed that this IVF cycle is the one for us. But listening to one of the graduation speakers relay the Story of the Taoist Farmer I couldn't help but think that a baby born earlier in year (or even next week, as was W's due date for our miscarried baby) would have distracted me from the past year and I would have missed out in some way.

So, cheers to Spring, to Growth and....to this fucking cycle being the one!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats all around and happy spring (or summer judging by our thermostat)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, W! And cheers indeed to Spring and Growth and this being the one!

    ReplyDelete