Friday, May 3, 2013

A blow to the team...

For some reason, this BFN doesn't hurt as much as I expected it to. I wonder if the disappointment is somehow dampened by my own enthusiasm to (maybe) be back in the stirrups . Its a complicated situation, as I know some of you who have swapped wombs after years of TTC or loss, know. I cant say I enjoyed being pregnant every moment of my pregnancy but overall it was a condition that left me constantly in awe; and I am excited to (potentially) have this opportunity again. W is frustrated and sad, but also ready to put this phase behind us in the interest of a second kid....and a release from continually beating her body with pokes, jabs and hormones.

AND...there is our good old friend *timing* - If we cant do IVF for W, it doesnt make sense to try with less intervention and we are running out of time. We leave on the 22nd of June and wont be back in town until after Labor Day between a family trip to Sweden, 8 weeks in CA and then a wedding in Greece (I know, cry me a river, its hard to feel sorry for us!). We are meeting with Dr. H Tuesday morning and I *hope* she gives us the go-ahead to launch right into another IVF cycle for W. She suspects egg quality so I am hoping for a new and faster protocol as I think the weeks of birth control suppression was too much for W's body. (look at my lingo, Im practically an RE at this point!).

BUT, if for timing reasons they wont push us right into another IVF cycle, then we might jumpship and focus on my body for the summer. Ive already made an appointment with the hippy-dippy "women's health" clinic around the corner from my office to see how quickly they can get me up and running for an IUI before the end of June (gasp). We've heard great things about them from fellow lesbians so at least for now, we are going for a low-intervention/high acupuncture route. We will talk to KD next week about potentially doing two live/fresh insems this summer and then....well then, next Fall we will re-evaluate. God, I HOPE we arent still doing this next September!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you guys have mapped out some good alternatives if you can't do ivf! your summer travel plans sound marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you guys as you find your way throught these decisions. It sounds like you have some good options. One way or another you'll get there! (and it sounds likely that it will be before September!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry about the bfn, but glad you're moving forward and checking out your options. happy travels! maybe we can meet up in ca in late august...

    ReplyDelete