Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oh, look at that...

This cycle has both flown and inched along and somehow at (what we think is) 14DPO, W seems to be pregnant! Two pee sticks have shown a faint, faint, faint line. We are still in CA so not sure if we can/will do Betas but for now, we are counting this VERY TENTATIVELY as a "pregnancy" - AND ARE SO EXCITED.

I looked back at my post from mid-May 2010 when we learned we were pregnant with Iz and find myself quoting that post verbatim.

"Lessons learned: 1)IVF (or the threat of it) really does work miracles! 2) For those of you using fresh sperm, I STRONGLY recommend you track down the "sperm launcher" - ie o-cup with stem...as Dr. G said, he has a roughly 50% success rate - not bad odds! 3) A symptom-free TWW can be considered a symptom!"

and seriously folks, if you are using fresh sperm get the launcher, we ended up with Iz on my first go-around with it, and this is the first round that W has used it (with correct timing) so I'm certainly dubbing it a must-have to stack the odds in your favor!

9 comments:

  1. What is the brand name of the o-cup and where do you get one? We're about to have our first fresh insemination for TTC #2 and would love for it to be our last :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we got a "sample" from our RE and then found 1 more on amazon. I cant seem to find it on amazon anymore, but here is the one place I did, annoying if you have to buy the whole kit, but I might venture that its worth it: http://homeconceptionstore.com/cup.html

      Much like the syringe, we just boil and reuse :)

      Happy to chat more about application, etc.
      10stix2weeks at gmail com

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Yes, I had seen the Conceivex kit--that was actually what we used for our successful insemination for TTC #1--and was hoping someone would sell the cup without all the other stuff, but the $25 co-pay for the kit is worth it if it cuts down the TTC process :-)

      Delete
    3. Good luck -- and for what its worth, I agree _anything_ to cut down the length of the process is worth its weight in gold!

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Goodness gracious! I hope you get that beta soon and that things are progressing great. SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete