I know I have said this before, and maybe its because we like to dilute our TTC anxiety in something fun, but we are love-love-loving Izzys stage. I think it probably started around 15 months, but from the vantage of having an18 month old around the house, every day is such a blast. She is a walking -- running, talking, ball of giggles. Its amazing how much language she picked up during our 8 weeks out west. This morning, she skipped into the kitchen and said "Izzy want pancakes, mommy makes.." I mean, how can you turn that down? (for the record, I was running late and so I did...luckily it was her day with Zadie so she was spoiled with a huge breakfast of eggs, toast and enough strawberries to drowned a small child).
After our lazy weeks out west, we headed home via the midwest for a four-day road-trip/wedding/great-grandmother visit extravaganza. Last year, or even 6 months ago, if you told me we would be taking a road trip, where we were staying in a different hotel every night, and dealing with a time-zone change, i would say that was pure hell -- but it was the exact opposite! The flights were certainly not the highlight but even they were ok. We timed the one long (4 hour) drive right around Izzys bedtime and were able to sneak in the other 2+ hour drives around nap or bed times. We had the joy of visiting several great playgrounds, the LaCrosse Children's museum, Madison Zoo and Chicago Oz park, with the coolest 80s style playstructure Ive ever seen. Izzy and my grandmother had a rousing game of hide-and-seek (impressive for both the 1.5 and 92 year old), with Izzy wandering around my grandmother's huge old house saying "Mimi, where ARE you?"
AND did we ever live it! To our complete surprise, Izzy slept through the night every single night we shared a cramped hotel room -- and in part because we kept Izzy on PST (going to bed with us around 9/10pm), she slept in every morning until 9:30/10am, meaning that W and I both got to sleep past 7am for the first time in 18 months! HALLELUJAH!
We got home two days ago - back to the grind of work/school/daycare and - as indicated the stress of ttc . I feel like all of blog-world (and many of our friends in real life) are TTCing/in early pregnancy -- It is both exciting and stressful to be marching cycle-to-cycle with so many others. We decided to shake things up this month with an at-home ICI followed by an IUI at good ol' FFF. We are hoping for a "fresh" cycle next month (since thats been where our successes have been) but we are trying get "excited" about this one too...[I type this post sitting next to our huge tank of the swimmers!]
And speaking of swimmers....
After our lazy weeks out west, we headed home via the midwest for a four-day road-trip/wedding/great-grandmother visit extravaganza. Last year, or even 6 months ago, if you told me we would be taking a road trip, where we were staying in a different hotel every night, and dealing with a time-zone change, i would say that was pure hell -- but it was the exact opposite! The flights were certainly not the highlight but even they were ok. We timed the one long (4 hour) drive right around Izzys bedtime and were able to sneak in the other 2+ hour drives around nap or bed times. We had the joy of visiting several great playgrounds, the LaCrosse Children's museum, Madison Zoo and Chicago Oz park, with the coolest 80s style playstructure Ive ever seen. Izzy and my grandmother had a rousing game of hide-and-seek (impressive for both the 1.5 and 92 year old), with Izzy wandering around my grandmother's huge old house saying "Mimi, where ARE you?"
AND did we ever live it! To our complete surprise, Izzy slept through the night every single night we shared a cramped hotel room -- and in part because we kept Izzy on PST (going to bed with us around 9/10pm), she slept in every morning until 9:30/10am, meaning that W and I both got to sleep past 7am for the first time in 18 months! HALLELUJAH!
We got home two days ago - back to the grind of work/school/daycare and - as indicated the stress of ttc . I feel like all of blog-world (and many of our friends in real life) are TTCing/in early pregnancy -- It is both exciting and stressful to be marching cycle-to-cycle with so many others. We decided to shake things up this month with an at-home ICI followed by an IUI at good ol' FFF. We are hoping for a "fresh" cycle next month (since thats been where our successes have been) but we are trying get "excited" about this one too...[I type this post sitting next to our huge tank of the swimmers!]
And speaking of swimmers....




Wow, that sounds like a fabulous trip! And I may have to try the time-zone trick--one of the hardest things for me about travel with a kiddo is not getting to sleep in.
ReplyDeleteI like knowing that I have company in this whole TTC thing, but agree that it brings up complicated feelings (whether I am the one who finally gets a positive or I'm the one being left behind as others make it to pregnancy-land).
bunny keeps getting more fun. all we need now is words!
ReplyDeleteHey .. I just wanted to stop by and say hello, I used to comment a lot on your journey on your first time 'round (I used to be on a different blog - golyweg.wordpress) just wanted to say that I never really stopped reading, even though I don't comment so much anymore - I am still rooting for you guys! Izzy is gorgeous!
ReplyDelete