Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Food -- yes, please!

First off, I should say, I LOVE food. as in LOVE it. I find it so expressive...and therefore its no surprise that I love to cook and LOVE to eat...

Breakfast: I am a HUGE believer in breakfast, and usually have at least two. One before I leave the house and one when I get to work and settle in. I am a purist in the sense that I only like savory food for breakfast so that means some sort of egg dish at home, and then usually cottage cheese or an apple with cheese when I get to work. I will do plain yogurt or steel cut oats in the winter sometimes.

Lunch: I bring my lunch to work every day and about 1/2 of the time its left overs from dinner and the other half some stew/soup/crock-pot meal that I made ahead for the week. I have spent alot of time in Asia (and grew up in the Bay Area so had Stir Fry at least every other night) so almost all of our left overs and most stews are asian-themed.

Dinner: By far my favorite meal of the day. I am generally home after W but do about 98% of the cooking. I find chopping to be totally therapeutic after a long day at work. As I said, most of my go-to meals are asian: stir fry, chicken tikka masala, sushi, thai curry, spring rolls, peanut noodles, taco salad but I also make a pretty mean (ethopiean) kik-aliche. I love spicy food, so we dont eat a lot of "american"or italian - in fact, I hadn't cooked pasta until I met W (we never had it growing up either so the first time I cooked it it turned into a huge, gross lump). We try to go out to dinner at least once ever two weeks, because we both enjoy it so much. Typical favs are sushi, thai or fancy frooffy food (I always like to get the weirdest thing on the menu and then try to make it at home..)

I really cant pin down any favorite, because I love it all!

1 comment:

  1. I really cant pin down any favorite, because I love it all!

    ditto!

    ReplyDelete