Thursday, June 9, 2011

8, 9 and some pictures


Its gonna be a double (or actually triple since this two-in-one) post day...

Day 8 – If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
Since W was an 8th grade humanities teacher before going back to get a PhD, I feel like I have seen the classroom from ringside seats -- and all I have to say is WOW. To me, teaching is like constantly being on stage. I love kids, but....it seems exhausting! I love history, politics and sociology, but I think I would choose to work with older kids, maybe college or master's students as "classroom management" would NOT be my strong suit.

Day 9 – What is the most important lesson you learned from your own mother?
I alluded to it in a previous post, but my mom is a big believer in "if you are going to do something, really DO it." While she has been known to go TOTALLY overboard (she sent over a thousand custom ("E is 18 today") fortune cookies to be scattered all over my college campus on my 18th birthday) she never does anything half-ass. As someone who is constantly overbooking myself, I really try to remember how important it is to do things well, and fully -- and most importantly have fun doing them.

And now for some recent snaps -- W, Iz and I have been out at the beach for a week now (and no, Izzy has not yet gotten over jetlag!!).





4 comments:

  1. Oops, second picture in the bottom set although all are great. She's a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What darling photos! Sorry about the lack of jet lag adjustment, but how fun to be hanging at the beach! Your mom sounds awesome in a totally over the top way-- love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie you have there! Sounds like your mom is a pretty fun woman!

    ReplyDelete