Clearly my mind is *totally* in survival mode today -- Since arriving in California Izzy has reverted to her newborn sleeping patterns, no wait, it was NEVER this bad..she is waking up every.hour. from 1am onwards. She was a total dreamboat on the 9+ hour flight (delay + pit stop in utah to refuel) so the first night we figured we deserved it, but.....its been 5 (!!!!) nights at this point. And W left yesterday for a 3 day conference to I'm flying solo....HELP...
Given this, my response: functioning as a somewhat normal person on SO LITTLE SLEEP. There is it, in all of its whiny, not exciting glory. I am someone who NEEDS sleep. I naturally wake up early so I go to bed pretty early -- when I was preggo, I was known to head up to bed around 8pm on not too infrequent an occasion.
So the result -- well not great. I am a total zombie but somehow am able to be a halfway normal person..
sorry for such a downer post. I cant think of ANYTHING non-baby-related that I have tried recently, and that is a sad fact, my friend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I traveled to Chicago when Quinn was 3 months old and experienced the same thing. It was TOUGH! I was so, so tired. Thank goodness my mom would relieve me in the morning and take the baby for 2 hours or so. It got somewhat better about a week in (day 7-8). What helped for me was setting up a nice white noise maker and going to bed when she did.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
- Brandy / 2C1H
so sorry you're going through this, hon. hopefully it will pass sooner rather than later!
ReplyDelete