This morning we welcomed a friend's son into the world. It feels like it was such a quick-- and yet long- pregnancy. When they announced they were pregnant, we had completed 3 unsuccessful IUIs and realized if we had gotten pregnant any of those times, we would be having babies together. I had suspected that when he finally did come, I would feel sad and bitter for our own lack of success and I am THRILLED to report that I dont feel that way at all! (at least today)...
So much "good stuff" has been going on in the past few weeks. Iz has started to feel even more like a kid, ur..teenager. I haven't dealt with a poopy diaper in weeks (thanks to a few weeks of potty training out in CA, we are in undies during the day, other than for naps, most of which are dry but we arent ready to risk it yet). Now that she has so much language we really get to enjoy her quirky sense of humor. And most of all, she has finally gained the patience to enjoy books, picture books she can read herself, and those that she has memorized...ahh, she is my daughter after all.
So life is good. We haven't "missed out" on the last year of gestating but instead got to spend it with our amazing kid!
So much "good stuff" has been going on in the past few weeks. Iz has started to feel even more like a kid, ur..teenager. I haven't dealt with a poopy diaper in weeks (thanks to a few weeks of potty training out in CA, we are in undies during the day, other than for naps, most of which are dry but we arent ready to risk it yet). Now that she has so much language we really get to enjoy her quirky sense of humor. And most of all, she has finally gained the patience to enjoy books, picture books she can read herself, and those that she has memorized...ahh, she is my daughter after all.
So life is good. We haven't "missed out" on the last year of gestating but instead got to spend it with our amazing kid!
as someone who just changed a poopy diaper, i congratulate your success!
ReplyDeleteGood God, your kid is totally lapping our kid! Glad she's such a joy.
ReplyDelete