Izzy turns 2 on Friday. This past year has been nothing less than awesome -- in the true sense of the word. It was somewhere around 13 months that I truly fell in love with being a mom* and since then my relationship with this funny, spunky, frustrating little person has only continued to grow. I am so proud of the person she is becoming -- the person she already is. I cant even catalog all of the funny things she has said over the past 6 months but it has been amazing to hear her inner monolog, watch her try out social interactions with her dolls and commandeer her trains. I know people say 2 is hard -- she has already started the "but I dont want to"s -- and yesterday when I told her I was putting her to bed instead of Mama I got an air-slap to the face and a very defiant "no me gusta" -- so yes, it has begun but, I love love love watching her (very stubborn) personality unfold, having conversations ("mommy, I want to have a conversation"), seeing her interact with friends ("will you hold my hand"- to any friend) and going on adventures that are finally fun for all of us. She is a challenging kid to parent at times, but I am confident that she is becoming the type of person that I would choose as a friend -- enthusiastic, social, and very very determined.
Feb 1st also marks the 1 year anniversary of our TTC for #2. Its been a LONG year -- six tries, 1 chemical pregnancy, 1 lengthy miscarriage and _nothing_ to show for it. We will press on, give it another year, six months, whatever we can tolerate. There are times when we both look at our family of 3 and think, if this is it, I would happy. And we would. But for now, we will continue with the roller-coaster of disappointment and frustration and then one day, if we are really really lucky, this phase of our life will be over.
Lastly, I want to send a quick hug out to Caemon and his moms from C is for Crocodile. I think about your family often. As I looked out at the sun coming up this morning, I thought of the cold, foggy, cozy bay area sun-rise and sent hope and strength!
*The infant stage was hard for us due to sleep-deprivation, a lot of tears (for all of us) and mainly the guilt and grief of seeing your baby in pain (undiagnosed gluten allergy) , while I loved Izzy from the day she was born, I cant say that I even enjoyed being her parent those first few months.
Feb 1st also marks the 1 year anniversary of our TTC for #2. Its been a LONG year -- six tries, 1 chemical pregnancy, 1 lengthy miscarriage and _nothing_ to show for it. We will press on, give it another year, six months, whatever we can tolerate. There are times when we both look at our family of 3 and think, if this is it, I would happy. And we would. But for now, we will continue with the roller-coaster of disappointment and frustration and then one day, if we are really really lucky, this phase of our life will be over.
Lastly, I want to send a quick hug out to Caemon and his moms from C is for Crocodile. I think about your family often. As I looked out at the sun coming up this morning, I thought of the cold, foggy, cozy bay area sun-rise and sent hope and strength!
*The infant stage was hard for us due to sleep-deprivation, a lot of tears (for all of us) and mainly the guilt and grief of seeing your baby in pain (undiagnosed gluten allergy) , while I loved Izzy from the day she was born, I cant say that I even enjoyed being her parent those first few months.
two years old already! happy birthday, iz! we had two days of roxy saying "no" to everything and we kept insisting she say "no, thank you" and i guess that just doesn't hold the same weight so she (knock wood) seems to be over it. the "no me gusta" made me laugh though...love it!
ReplyDeletebrilliant! we will give it a try!
Delete