Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cant beat them...

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE we are surrounded by these days is popping up pregnant. Some are close friend who we knew had been trying so it wasnt a surprise, but in almost all of the cases they were *shocked* at how easy it was -- grrrr.

My mantra -- Cant beat them, join them! (oh please!)

We are back home after a lovely stay in CA. Iz has become a fantastic traveler (2+ hour naps both ways, even when squished on our laps for the return trip). She got a little suitcase from W's aunt for Christmas, she is SO proud of it. TTC aside, I am getting excited for other Spring adventures...Mexico in March!



 

7 comments:

  1. I do know the feeling. After three + years of ttc, it's amazing how many people who weren't even considering kids at the beginning ended up pregnant (usually with no effort). You're going to get there so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in the same boat. I just found out last night that my 39-year-old, just-married friend is at 13 weeks. Hopefully we'll all join that club ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pretty annoyed when after we had tried 9 times my brother and his wife got pregnant JUST before us and stole our thunder. Blegh. Send some of that good traveler our way! We're going to Hawaii in March and I'm scared s*&^less! Mexico sounds amazing! C and I have been a few times but not with Juju.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of want to smack people who talk about how easy it was for them to get pregnant, and how amazing that is. Particularly if they know you've been struggling, that's just incredibly insensitive.

    But, hopefully we'll all join the club soon. I'd really like that.

    Also, I love Izzy's suitcase. We might have to get Critter one for the next trip we take (we'll have to get him his own seat now, after all, so we might as well make use of the carry-on allowance, while it lasts). He found the suitcase aisle at the Tarzhay a few months ago, and grabbed a Hello Kitty suitcase in each hand, and announced he was headed off to visit my parents. It was totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete