I really struggled to come up with a title for this post that captured the "perfectness" of today without..well, jinx-ing it.
Today was lovely! It was warm(ish) and sunny and we did our first insemination since September. And...we are feeling hopeful.
Its been a low-key weekend. Most everyone that we know is out of town so we hunkered in and planned a lot of fun local activities -- farmers market, children's museum..and..a trip out to Dr H :)
Iz and I had a nice morning together while W went and did the deed --as it were. Our friends from across town came by to drop off some baby-gear we had lent them -- they stayed for lunch while we got to play with their adorable 5 month old (bring on the baby juju). Then after a 3 hour nap (during which we chatted with said friends and then snuggled on the couch to make progress on our tivo backlog) we went for a family walk/dinner and ran into some of our favorite bloggers at the craft store in our neighborhood.
Speaking of fellow-bloggers, it seems like the chatter has picked up and we are cycling with some of our friends, many from TTC #1. Its sort of like the old 'gang' is back at it...I dont want to be overly optimistic but in so many ways this cycle was EXACTLY like our September run. W went in for blood-work and ultrasound on Friday, was told to trigger on Saturday night. BUT then she peaked on Saturday AM so triggered that night and went in a day early (today) for the insem. Our TWW will culminate on Iz's 2nd birthday -- the timing is just too perfect, but for us, too perfect is often our downfall. Our previous pregnancies arrived after very, very serious IVF talk. I know its crazy, but part of me is just so superstitious that I feel like we have to lock into our don't-jinx-it-pessimism, or else we will never get pregnant.
So for now, we are planning to take it day by day -- we will February off so that we can better plan for our Fall 2013. GRRR, I hate missing cycles but, its probably for the best.
Today was lovely! It was warm(ish) and sunny and we did our first insemination since September. And...we are feeling hopeful.
Its been a low-key weekend. Most everyone that we know is out of town so we hunkered in and planned a lot of fun local activities -- farmers market, children's museum..and..a trip out to Dr H :)
Iz and I had a nice morning together while W went and did the deed --as it were. Our friends from across town came by to drop off some baby-gear we had lent them -- they stayed for lunch while we got to play with their adorable 5 month old (bring on the baby juju). Then after a 3 hour nap (during which we chatted with said friends and then snuggled on the couch to make progress on our tivo backlog) we went for a family walk/dinner and ran into some of our favorite bloggers at the craft store in our neighborhood.
Speaking of fellow-bloggers, it seems like the chatter has picked up and we are cycling with some of our friends, many from TTC #1. Its sort of like the old 'gang' is back at it...I dont want to be overly optimistic but in so many ways this cycle was EXACTLY like our September run. W went in for blood-work and ultrasound on Friday, was told to trigger on Saturday night. BUT then she peaked on Saturday AM so triggered that night and went in a day early (today) for the insem. Our TWW will culminate on Iz's 2nd birthday -- the timing is just too perfect, but for us, too perfect is often our downfall. Our previous pregnancies arrived after very, very serious IVF talk. I know its crazy, but part of me is just so superstitious that I feel like we have to lock into our don't-jinx-it-pessimism, or else we will never get pregnant.
So for now, we are planning to take it day by day -- we will February off so that we can better plan for our Fall 2013. GRRR, I hate missing cycles but, its probably for the best.
so neat to run into you guys! good luck this tww and we'll look forward to getting together really soon!
ReplyDeleteI know, I feel like a lot of TTC#2 is going on around these parts! Hoping for an awesomely positive couple of months....
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like the perfect weekend! I'm crossing my fingers and toes.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds lovely! Hoping for many more lovely things in your immediate future.
ReplyDelete