Thursday, January 17, 2013

Off to the races...

First -- thank you guys for your words of wisdom/comments -- its nice to remember that we are by _no_ means alone on this windy, tenuous journey...

We met with Dr. H yesterday and wham-bam, have an ultra-sound tomorrow at 8:15, and then hopefully an insem sometime this weekend. From 2+ months off to a 2WW in 2 days...its...wild. We are excited, and strangely hopeful (dare I say it).

Dr. H didnt pull out as many Big Guns as I would have hoped for future cycles - Starting with the C drug for a "few" cycles and then looking into injectibles "if it comes to that" -- from her perspective (which I guess is accurate) we have gotten pregnant twice in the last 6 tries (1 in 3 aint bad) so there is no reason to jump to IVF/assume that W wont get pregnant. The counter-argument is that it has just taken 10 months due to one chemical pregnancy and one 10+ week miscarriage.... And we are antsy.

For now, we will sit back, relax and give it a few months (at least 3) to see how it plays out...Its not the fast train to IVF, but I guess its reasonable....


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Wait, and then hurry up and then the 2WW.
    That does sound like a reasonable plan, but I certainly understand your antsy-ness too!
    Fingers crossed for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So hopeful for this round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wow! Hoping hoping for you guys and following closely. We will soon be in your footsteps, I think. Also, I completely understand the antsy feelings. We didn't get pg 'til we used the injectibles the first time around, and we've been talking about how much we wish we could just cut to the chase this next round. Anyway, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete