....but before we get to the gory details of the past 24 hours, I will kick this post off with this adorable quote from an email I received this evening from Dr. G (who, by the by, has pretty much become our new BFF as we have been in contact with him every 12 hours over the past 72 -- getting blood test results, finalizing the timing, etc)
"Ms E: i had a call from "FF" this afternoon. The evidence is convincing that you ovulated Sunday night So you can use HCG as early as tomorrow, 3000 units sc, repeat the dose 3 and 6 nights later , come see me in 2 weeks. Dr. G"
*so cute*
And...this leads to my main question...have any of you taken HCG? Dr. G prefers it to progesterone, its supposed to have the same effect, but be more natural. Apparently it comes in a powder form and you have to mix and inject -- yikes! Any advice?
Overall, we are feeling pretty good about our timing, but not great about the insems themselves. We did one around 9pm on Sunday night that went pretty well, but had trouble getting the catheter all the way in this morning (for those of you who have done IUIs, about how far 'in' do you usually get it?). S (our midwife) was fantastic as ever - we always seem to end up laughing our way through the process -- headlamps and all.
Its going to be a pretty busy two weeks and then we are off for 'spring break' in CA to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday...nothing like a week-long family vaca in the desert to end the TTW :)
Inspired by Schroe, I'm gonna cook/bake my way through this TWW, so send over your favorite recipes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm not really familiar with the details of the IUI since I let the RE take care of all that, but I do know that the doc (not my doc) who did my last one scratched my cervix, and I was spotting for the next couple days. It freaked me out, but the nurses all told me it's completely normal could be something as simple as positioning.
ReplyDeleteAnd I know nothing about taking HCG instead of Progesterone. I've never taken anything post ovulation.
Oh, I dunno about the HCG either - wish I could help. But so heartening to hear about the timing! Here's to success. Even if not perfect - it sounds amazing to be laughing and have that comfortable atmosphere while doing an IUI. That HAS to help encourage conception.
ReplyDeleteThis morning my OB mentioned that she got the IUI catheter in up to 7. (apparently there are numbers on the side, which I noticed later. 7 seemed to be about 3 inches). The OB mentioned the number as in "hey! I got in up to 7!" Not sure if that's helpful..
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your TWW! I am so excited for YOU GUYS and can't wait to see what happens!
Timing is everything! So feel great about that.
ReplyDeleteAs for the injectable HCG, I don't know anything about it, but the progesterone gel wound up being really nasty by the end (think buildup - I know, gross) and I would rather shoot myself up than do that again. Though it's part of my protocol for IVF, so I am doing it again. Fun times!
Hope the TWW is going smoothly! At least it sounds like you have a fair amount to distract yourselves with, so that's probably good. :-)
ReplyDelete