First off, congrats to the BFPs out there! So exciting (slightly jealous, of course, but SO happy for you guys!). AND the arrival of new twins!
I pretty much have the exact opposite news to report over here. We are having a really relaxing time in Joshua Tree, took some amazing hikes, spending some quality time with our books by the pool, eating CRAZY amounts of yummy food..all and all a great vacation..but..we are STILL waiting. We are not DPO 17, yes that 33 days into my cycle and according to Dr. G, we will still have to wait an additional 3-5 for the HCG from the shots to leave my system and for good ol' AF to come a'knocking. I have never had the experiencing of waiting for her, but now...its pretty painful, I just want to get on with things! I took a HPT this morning, after W begged me to, and saw a very faint line. We spent about 10 minutes convincing ourselves that, just maybe that was a *good* sign, before realizing that I still have roughly 300 units for HSG shot 'left-over' in my system, and by DPO 17, I should have a nice strong line.
Since there is absolutely nothing -- yes, I know, its hard to admit -- that we can do about this, we just have to wait until next Monday, when we go see Dr. G, and I hopefully will be celebrating with a CD1.
Not sure we can take the HCG approach next cycle, we may go back to a good ol' no monitoring, no testing, 'live' insemination to shake things up...
(Sorry, if this was a downer of a post, I really am not feeling this negative, it seems to just have come out that way :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aah! That HCG business is crazy. Potentially false HPTs...so unfair. Then again - maybe it is a good sign! You never know. Fingers and toes crossed for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI don't really understand the HCG thing, though of course I'm still hoping for you guys this cycle. I'll be checking in...
ReplyDelete