So we are 99% sure that we are out this cycle as ALL symptoms came to a screeching halt right after I last posted. Unfortunately, AF wont show her face for several more days because of the HCG. We decided to get whatever wallowing was to be done out of the way early so as not to interrupt our vacation. At this point, when AF arrives we might be kinda bummed but it wont ruin the day. (If this isn't an indicator that W and I hate procrastination and obsessively plan ahead, I don't know what is :)
In more exciting news, we head west today for a week with my fam down in the SoCal dessert and then the Bay Area to celebrate my grandmother's 90th. She is a total rock-star and I am so excited to be sharing this amazing event with her. It will be nice to do some hiking, rock scrambling and relaxing by the pool. I am pretty close to my parents, but only see them every few months, so we always look forward to a week of being spoiled with yummy food and good conversation.
Happy Spring Break! It sounds like there is a lot of excitement on the TTC front these days, you can sure bet I'll be dialing in for updates on 1st cycles, IVF prep and other fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh. Well I of course hope that you're wrong about the arrival of AF, but at least you have a vacation to enjoy if she does rear her head. So much of this process is learning to listen to your body (and how frustrating that can be!). Have fun on your trip. And happy 90th to your grandma!
ReplyDelete:(
ReplyDeleteIs that really enough to be 99% sure?! Symptoms are so fickle, especially when we're messing around with all these hormones. Don't give up yet. Whatever you do, enjoy your vacay!
ReplyDeleteWhat is it that I'm constantly reading nowadays..that there are plenty of women out there who don't experience ANY SYMPTOMS at all, either throughout their entire pregnancy, and especially in the first couple of weeks!!?!?!? I would say don't give up hope, but maybe this is just how you are dealing with any sized amount of dissapointment you may encounter. I am one to envision the worst case scenario in order to be able to cope with whatever happens. So if this is the case, then I totally get it. If this is not the case, then don't give up hope! Have a great time in SoCal and here in the Bay Area (hopefully the weather clears...it's cats and dogs right now)..
ReplyDeleteBest of luck!!!
I know, I know - you are totally right, Libby - but I always think 'those' people dont pay any attention to thier bodies, while I am obsesses with sign-stalking (who is more ignorant/healthy, here? hehe). Anyways, we are loving the desert and the hikes so I really cant complain, even if this is not our month. I just wish AF would show up already!
ReplyDeleteWell, I would imagine that being on vacation is at least a good distraction from the waiting. I'm jealous of the desert time. And on the one hand, if AF shows up, you can break out the wine, at least for a couple of days. (That's our plan, anyway.) If she doesn't show, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI think the problem with "symptoms", for me, at least, is that I can probably think myself into (or possibly out of) a fair number of them. Not to mention a lot of them really don't show up until later, if at all. So, I dunno. I'm not counting you out just yet.