We were feeling pretty bummed after our last cycle turned out a bust, but after a visit to Dr. G today our hope has been renewed and we are (again) feeling naively optimistic. As usual Dr. G had an answer for everything, but first listened to our concerns and provided some good explanations. Despite my newly-developed *hate* for the HCG, I was convinced to give it another try, but this time, only 2 shots worth so it wont mess with my cycle length. Dr. G was pretty enthusiastic about us doing a 'live' insem (timing works out well, so we were planning on it anyways), so we will head back to CA for a "wild" Easter weekend. I _love_ Easter in SF, so while the thought of spending 5 hours on the plane again in two weeks is less than thrilling, at least we will enjoy ourselves out there! And (!!) Dr. G showed us this crazy, al be it outdated, contraption-thing from the 90's -- something of a 'cervical cap' that allows us to bathe the os with sperm. Apparently, Dr. G loves the thing, and has had great success with it...now all we have to do is find the updated version...medical supply shops, here we come! If anyone has ever heard of this type of thing, let us know, we are pretty excited about tracking it down!
On a more personal note, I wanted to thank this community for all of the support and insight we have gotten from you. I have played a bit of speed-catch-up on posts after our holiday, and a recent update from Ruby so perfectly expressed the range of emotions that W and I have been going through, especially recently - the frustration and hopelessness and crazy mind-games that we all fall into. As a I mentioned earlier, our best friends recently completed a successful IVF cycle, while the pregnancy hasn't been peachy for them, its been really hard for us not to be overwhelmed with jealousy. As Ruby said, I too am truly happy for all of successes that we have experienced as a community, even if they sometimes cause a stab of jealousy. It can be really hard to admit the petty feelings of resentment, but they are real, and it so important for us to have a place to share them, without feeling that we have to be rainbows and smiles so as not to hurt others feelings. Thank you all for this space...
Here's to successful cycles and baby-making luck for us all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is it just a cervical cap or one with an attached catheter? I've seen both. I've been using an Instead cup and lying with my legs up for 30-45 min. It's tricky to insert without spillage, but I've gotten pretty good at it. I'll be interested to hear how the cervical cap works out for you.
ReplyDeleteJealous that you're going to SF! We were there last summer and loved it. :)
Sounds like you are on your way to a good cycle! I am wishing you the best of luck with it. I remember cervical caps from when I worked at Planned Parenthood (I did my mandatory HS volunteer work there and learned all about my classmates' misadventures with stds.) I am sure you will be able to find one without too much trouble.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in SF! What do you like about Easter there?
Hang onto that hope - it's so wonderful when it comes around. I know that sheepish feeling of thinking that your hope is naive, but it really is the fuel that powers us through. Without it, how would we take the next step?
ReplyDeleteGood luck this cycle - it sounds like a great one.
Hope is an amazing feeling, isn't it? I'll take it any day, naive or not!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip! The weather out here in the Bay area has been won-der-ful lately. :)
Good luck with this cycle!
I've heard about the cervical cap, too - can't hurt, right? This cycle sounds like a good excuse to get out of this crappy weather and enjoy San Fran. Upping your odds with fresh sperm PLUS a mini-vacation? Sounds good to me!
ReplyDeleteSpring is supposed to be all about fertility, right? Here's to a fertile spring!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a cervical cap, though many of my lezzzbian friends use the mooncup, or other period-catching cups!
ReplyDelete