Thanks for passing on the Sugar Doll, Shroe and Ruby, – now I guess I have to come up with 10 somewhat interesting things to say about myself :)
1. W and I just got back from an amazing weekend in VT with my college roommates. I love VT (went to college there), and am still very close to my roommates - we try to get together every few months even though we are scattered across the country.
2. I really, really wish I liked yoga, but somehow it is just does not relax me the same way a long run or cycle does.
3. I am a native San Franciscan and W grew up in Cambridge, we love living a mile away from her parents, but cant wait to get back to the Bay Area.
4. I love to cook -- as soon as I get home from work, I find my zen by chopping, peeling and simmering. I pretty much cook any cuisine other than Italian, but Indian and Thai are my specialty.
5. W and I met over a mutual obsession for Law and Order -- ahh, crime dramas.
6. I am really close to my parents (although they lived abroad 5 of the last 10 years). Now that they are back in the US, we talk every morning over breakfast.
7. W and I both love to travel. We have been lucky enough to travel around the world and explore the little local treasures.
8. We have an amazing pup, who is quite the character -- (he has the personality of an old, gay, antique dealer).
9. I am terribly dyslexic (really, honestly, I can NOT spell)
10. When most people think of me, they think of me as a climate activist. I work in the environmental sector and am very active at the municipal and grassroots-level around climate policy. I drive W and other friends crazy by turning off lights, unplugging appliances and going belistic about greturtious packaging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh god, Indian food... There isn't any here in town, so we eat the heck out of it whenever we travel. I love Law and Order, too! C, not so much. Your dog sounds delightful. :)
ReplyDeleteWhich college? I went to Marlboro... teeny, but I loved it. I was born in VT and my parents live there now.
ReplyDeleteHooray for envirnomental activism! I have a tendency to think that memes are kinda cheesy but I love learning non-ttc stuff about people...
Middlebury, pretty teeny too, but SO beautiful! I know, I LOVE them too..its so nice to get to know more of the 'whole' person..
ReplyDeleteI don't even want to think about how many hours of my life I've lost to Law & Order SVU.
ReplyDeleteI've got a couple of ideas for you and yoga, and when we meet in real life I hope to bring you over to our side! You like to sweat and "work out"? I know JUST the studio in your area. As you are about climate activism, I am about converting non-yogis into yogis. :)
ohhh, Ruby, I am so intrigued..do tell! do tell!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Law and Order! I was so lucky that there was a L&O marathon right after my transfer, so the 2 days of bedrest were very easy.
ReplyDelete