As we all know, nothing is certain in this process -- but pending any *crazy* results of the CD 3 blood tests and vaginal cavity scan (??) - W will be starting birth control pills next week for an April IVF cycle.
(pause to let that sink in)
I cant BELIEVE how excited I am. Typically-optimistic-Dr H was very enthusiastic about our chances and so I am letting that rub off on me. W is still not 100% on-board, meaning that she is frustrated to be going this hyper-medical route and disappointed in her body for not "making it easy," but even she perked up when Dr H mentioned 45-50% success rates instead of 7-13% with IUIs.
So here we are on the IVF train!
In some ways this is faster than I had expected but in some ways SO much slower. We could have had a 3 month old if W has gotten pregnant on our first try, would be 1 month away from a birth if the chemical pregnancy had worked out and just about to enter our 3rd trimester if not for the miscarriage. We have been wanting this for so long, working on this for so long. We are ready!
(pause to let that sink in)
I cant BELIEVE how excited I am. Typically-optimistic-Dr H was very enthusiastic about our chances and so I am letting that rub off on me. W is still not 100% on-board, meaning that she is frustrated to be going this hyper-medical route and disappointed in her body for not "making it easy," but even she perked up when Dr H mentioned 45-50% success rates instead of 7-13% with IUIs.
So here we are on the IVF train!
In some ways this is faster than I had expected but in some ways SO much slower. We could have had a 3 month old if W has gotten pregnant on our first try, would be 1 month away from a birth if the chemical pregnancy had worked out and just about to enter our 3rd trimester if not for the miscarriage. We have been wanting this for so long, working on this for so long. We are ready!
Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteWe always had a CD 3 scan for our IVF cycles. They are messy :-/ and a little tough because things are kind of sensitive at that time....but it's quick!
April? AMAZING!!!! i'm liking those success rates a whole lot. :) btw, red saw W across the street in the square y'day!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! That's an exciting step! I can see there being some disappointment in moving on to even more intense interventions, but those success rates also sound pretty great.
ReplyDeleteWow! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about our FET. It's all happening so quickly, yet I CAN"T WAIT FOR IT TO ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!