Thursday, March 14, 2013

City-living

Here is a great post from another mom-list about why city living rocks for families. It was written about NYC/Brooklyn but could be true of other metro areas (including my own Somerville/Cambridge/Boston!)..

As I biked Izzy to school this morning amidst the rush of foot-traffic to the T and other bike commuters, I was reminded how much I love our city -- despite the weather!

enjoy....


4 comments:

  1. fantastic list. i love this city as well as the fact that we can be in the "country' in fifteen minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for city living! There are lots of great things for us as individuals and as a family about where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'm convinced, but my wife would agree 100%. I think the view of the skyline was one of the major selling points for her on the new condo. I'd be happy with a yard instead of a park, but at least we will have a 100+ acre park right outside our front door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love city living. I grew up in the picturesque burbs, and you know what? it wasn't so great. I guess we'll see how we feel when it's time to enter the BPS lottery, though!

    ReplyDelete