This cycle I seem overcome with the feeling of 'treadmill-ness' -- you know, the one that overcomes you at 5am when you realize this process could go on forever. We keep moving -- cycle after cycle -- but dont get anywhere. I cant shake the idea that our September pregnancy was the *one* -- the one that was supposed to work, our chance.
We are going away this weekend with some friends who have twin 20 month olds. The couple (straight) had been trying for several years, had several failed IVF attempts before they ended up with their sons. Are we destine for a similar path -- year(s) more of TTC only to deadend into IVF. If thats the case, should we be jumping the gun sooner?
*Sigh*
We are going away this weekend with some friends who have twin 20 month olds. The couple (straight) had been trying for several years, had several failed IVF attempts before they ended up with their sons. Are we destine for a similar path -- year(s) more of TTC only to deadend into IVF. If thats the case, should we be jumping the gun sooner?
*Sigh*
I do not regret diving early into IVF at all. I can't imagine anyone would say that they do. I'm not saying you should head in that direction, you have to do what's right for your family. I'm just saying IF you choose to jump on that train, I doubt you'll find yourself second-guessing or regretting the decision.
ReplyDeleteI know everyone looks at IVF as a horrible, invasive, last resort but as someone who has been there, it's really not bad at all. The doctors can learn a lot more about what's going on and where you're hitting a snag if you do IVF. Even if you have a failed IVF cycle like I did, the doctors can learn so much and alter your protocol for the next time around. I don't regret IVF for a second, and wish I had done it sooner.
ReplyDeleteDelurking....I did not do IVF, but after a year of trying I was ready to. It doesnt hurt to have a consultation to see what your options are. I wish you lots of luck either way!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I regret about doing IVF is not doing it sooner!! I had 4 failed IUIs before doing IVF and IVF worked the first time plus we have many embryos frozen now for the future. All the money we spent on the first 4 IUIs could have paid for our IVF and I could have a two year old now, but I am VERY happy to be pregnant. IVF really wasn't that bad. I hate needles and I hyperstimulated, but I would do it again in a heartbeat! Those few weeks were nothing in comparison to all the heartache we had from years of trying and failing.
ReplyDelete