Monday, February 4, 2013

C is for...

Clomid!

We are dipping our toes in the drug version of this game. I swore we would never go back to clomid as it made me a crazy person, but then again, progesterone made me a crazy person and it seems to make W feel...well, fantastic!

Im worried it is going to completely throw of her *perfect* cycle, and thus my METICULOUS excel chart of her cycles for the next 6 months. Throwing "caution to the wind" (HA!) as much as possible and letting it go, but....not completely. 

Soooooo..wise internets, for those of you who have taken it, if she is doing the CD 5-9 day regimen, when will she ovulate?  I am assuming later than her typical peak on CD 12, right?


5 comments:

  1. From what I read she would ovulate 5 days after her last pill. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh how exciting! wish i had advice but we never tried clomid. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I believe it will be later then that. I usually had my IUIs CD 14, 15, or 16 depending on follicle size. I did a trigger of course but there was no sign of ovulation. I think I've read some people on clomid didn't ovulate on their own till after CD 18.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very exciting! Good luck. I didn't take clomid myself so I don't know about timing but letrozole didn't really change my ovulation timing much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember if Roo did days 3-7 or 5-9, but my memory is that it didn't push back her ovulation much. Instead, the part that messed up our cycle tracking was the progesterone (which we were told she had to take b/c of clomid thinning the lining), which kept pushing back CD1 of the next cycle.

    ReplyDelete