Saturday, February 16, 2013

Eggs?

Thanks for all of your thoughts about IVF - I didnt mean to insinuate that we were against it in anyway, but instead that we were hesitant since our issue hasnt been _getting_ pregnant but actually STAYING pregnant. And we were worried that IVF followed by a miscarriage felt...well, harder.

Also, W is not really sure she is geared up for IVF right now - she turned in her dissertation draft *yesterday* and has several more weeks of intense work/revisions, etc to graduate in May. This is not exactly a time she is prepared to give up caffeine or focus on getting 8+ hours of sleep.

THAT SAID -- We intend to raise the option of IVF for a sooner-than-originally-thought cycle and see what Dr H says. When we talked about it last time, she suggested it was "overkill" but our patience is getting less and accomodating, so she might be ready to consider.

In other news, W had an ultrasound this morning and the report was that either she has just ovulated (so much for clomid delaying ovulation???) or she has two smaller prospects that should mature over the next few days, for a trigger tomorrow night. The blood work will confirm it, but its hard to swallow the fact that we might already be out this cycle...UGG


2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to chime in quick... first to say I'm still following along just finding it hard to comment lately. Toddlers and all.

    I was in this exact same mind set when we jumped into IVF. I had three early miscarriages and was not sure we were making the right choice by jumping in so quickly. As I was clearly able to get pregnant just not stay... But I don't regret it for a moment. Mostly because what we found out by doing IVF was that I made lots of eggs but not many of them were high quality - meaning it would have taken me a very long time (or a lucky try) to get pregnant and stay pregnant without IVF. I think with IVF they retrieved over 20 eggs but only 4 of them quality enough to make it 5 days. Something we never would have known without IVF. I was also to the point where I needed that final big attempt. I couldn't handle having positives every few months but nothing that stuck. It was breaking my heart. So going all in was appealing.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for these words of wisdom! They are REALLY helpful!

      Delete