It feels odd, maybe even a bit disingenuous to morn someone who you have never met, didn't *really* know and who certainly didn't know you, but I find myself overcome with grief at the loss of Caemon. Its not just because his smile and stubborn determination reminds me of Izzy, or the fact that he was receiving care in my hometown, or that he was diagnosed the same week as W's dad, - its all that and the fact that I _did_ know him, his story of coming into being --his fierce battle with leukemia and everything in between. He was born right around the time we started our TTC journey. I came across his blog and a network of fellow bloggers who were all at the same place in this process; a generation ahead of my own. I looked to these stories to help navigate our own path. Izzy has a bright yellow Croc shirt in her bottom drawer, still a bit too big but I was hoping she would wear it the day he came home. It seemed that this day was weeks or maybe even days away...
His family, like so many of you, became part of my community (as W likes to refer to it, "my OTB community" (on-the-blogs)).We have lost a member of our community -- and so, as a community, we say goodbye...and grieve.
His family, like so many of you, became part of my community (as W likes to refer to it, "my OTB community" (on-the-blogs)).We have lost a member of our community -- and so, as a community, we say goodbye...and grieve.
Delurking..I agree 100%. I was devastated by the news. I will keep his Mamas in my prayers.
ReplyDeletewww.herewegoagain2013.blogspot.com
So insanely sad. :(
ReplyDelete