At 11am on Saturday, we had our apt at FFF and officially kicked off TTC 2.0. Its amazing how "effortless" this cycle has felt compared to TTC 1.0. No cross-country travel, no coordinating with KD about timing, no running through the streets with the goods tucked safely in our armpit...She had a blood test on Friday confirming the surge, we arrived Saturday morning, they had us review the paperwork to confirm it was "ours", the nurse brought in the vials, stuck in the swimmers (ur, they actually cant swim, right?) while Izzy and I hugged Mama and that was that...actually it was pretty anti-climactic other than the fact that I spent the 15 minutes we were supposed to be "relaxing" with W's hips up, chasing Izzy around the room and keeping her off the expensive sonogram equipment. It was as much as metaphor for our life these days as anything :)
Its interesting to be the "other" mother during the TTC process, particularly when it was your body the first time around. The stress of waiting for the smiley, and thinking every twinge is implantation is still there, but muted. I cant tell if its because our lives are so crazy with a 14 month old that neither of us have the same energy/anxiety to throw at the TTC roller coaster, or if its because its not my body - but its not all I think about, every day, every minute..that said, im sure the result will feel just as raw...
So in the words of my favorite pink-haired lady -- may the odds be EVER in our favour!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excting!!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck!
heh. yeah, that sounds pretty different alright.
ReplyDeletei hope you'll keep writing about the experience of ttc (and all that comes after -- and SOON, i hope) from the perspective of having "gone first". there's not much out there about that, at least not that i've seen.
I'm in the same position you are (I carried our first kiddo and my partner is trying now). This sounds so much like our experience! Especially the bit about chasing kiddo #1 around the office during the insems. For me it has been weird to have to ask my partner about her symptoms instead of being constantly aware of what's happening in my own body.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck! Can't wait to hear about it.
ReplyDelete