We tested, it was negative.
I really didnt want to test until tomorrow (something about delaying the bad news) but W really wanted to. We did. It was glaringly negative.
Im bummed. And I feel guilty for saying it but not as upset as I thought I would be. Is it because Im more removed since its not my body? No, I dont think thats it. Is it because we are so consumed by Izzy that we are able to distract ourselves? Nope, I dont think thats it either, clearly I was obsessed the entire TWW.
I really think that the rational part of my brain (its just the first try) hasnt been worn down by the cycle-after-cycle drama of TTC yet. Im not at the point (yet) where Im burnt out by it all. We will do 1 maybe 2 more tries this Spring and then hopefully at least 2 "live" cycles when we are out west this summer. At THAT point, it will feel crushing. But for now, we will be able to pick ourselves up, have a glass of wine together as Izzy destroys - runs around - our living room and be bummed, but not overly so.....
grace -- yup. Call me Grace...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh man. so sorry about this, but glad you're taking it in stride. onward...
ReplyDeleteWhere there's will, there's grace. Sorry, bad TV sitcom pun.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, ONWARD...that's the only direction to go. GOOD LUCK!
Damn! I am sorry...hope you enjoy your wine, though-- for me, that was always the silver lining :) I hope we can manage a rendezvous soon...Maybe May?
ReplyDeletei'm so sorry. :(
ReplyDelete