Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nada...

I feel like I am walking in the (wonderful!) footsteps of bloggers before me (Dragon and Schroe), but i have NADA to report. We spent Thursday and Friday thinking we were close, after a particularly great midwife appointment ("Ill be on call this weekend, Im sure I'll see you at some point") and acupuncture ("I wouldn't be surprised if this is it, you look ready") we instead spent the past few days walking...walking...walking. We woke up yesterday and realized enough was enough, so we called our LEAST baby-connected friends and invited them for a day of urban tourism around Boston. We ate pasta in the North End, walked the Freedom Trail (which oddly none of us had done) and generally talked about our jobs, our friends and our college days! We had a no-baby-talk moratorium and it was GREAT. We had dinner with a friend from out of town and met her new girlfriend -- again, minimal babytalk and even stayed out until midnight..ok, it was actually only 10:30, but I dont think we got in bed until midnight (ur, 11:30) so that counts, right..

anyways, call us avoidant, but thats our new coping mechanism! Unless anyone out there has a sure-fire way to turn these very regular, yet UN-DRAMATIC contractions into REAL labor, we are going with the "What baby?" approach -- that is after we swing by the police station this afternoon to have them install the carseat "properly" (???)

6 comments:

  1. Castor oil. Worked with both of my deliveries. Its sort of taboo, but I researched it a lot and although Its gross...It worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing everything right! I used black cohosh &evening primrose oil. But the best thing from those days was the non-baby time. Enjoy it-- I know it seems like it will last forever but it won't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Schroe. Enjoy that non-baby time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on keeping your sanity! I guess the good thing is it can't go on forever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so sure I'd check your blog to find a baby pic today! I don't think I blogged about this, but when I went in for my acupressure massage, the reflexologist told me 5 minutes into it that she could tell my body wasn't quite ready. After my high BP scare and all the trying to jumpstart things, I learned the firm lesson that it's not ready until it's ready. However, I don't think Evening Primrose oil can hurt...it just softens your cervix, which is a good thing. I didn't try Castor oil because having massive stomach pain and diarrhea did not seem worth it. You're almost there...I can't wait to hear your story!

    ReplyDelete