Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Operation Pluty

So we are 38 weeks...wow, some days it felt like we would never get here..Despite the milestone, not too much excitement to report. We are getting even more ready (read: restless). Even the midwife looked at my belly sympathetically last week and said, "yup, we just got to get her out now" -- Ive been having pretty bad nausea and feel ready to pop. I imagine this must be what it feels like when you blow up a balloon beyond capacity, and then add a bit more air. I guess I should be thankful I haven't swelled in other places -- my "rock hard" abs, ur...belly is definitely enough!

We have tried every "trick" in the book to encourage her to come'on out and I am going to acupuncture today. Hopefully some relaxing needling will get things moving. Otherwise, sorry I've been so lame at commenting these days, I AM SO TIRED...

4 comments:

  1. I was just ruminating on how, while one's own pregnancy seems to drag on for...ev...er, others' go so fast I feel like I can hardly keep up! I cannot wait for your big news!! I am 3 1/2 weeks in and it is murderously exhausting (I have not seen so many 3 a.m.s since my first year in college.) but wonderful beyond words... I hope the acupuncture kicks things into gear. Have you talked to your midwife about blue & black cohosh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting Pluty ready for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're definitely ready so hopefully Pluty will get the idea and come along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how are you 38 weeks already? I hope the time goes fast and she is here with you very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete