Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And now....

Introducing Izzy

We did it!

The labor was tricky and classically dramatic, and too long to describe right now -- the events include: water breakage on Sunday night with LOTS of miconium, 20 hours of "natural" laboring, an epidural, a suction-vac-thingy, an episiotomy and a baby that was probably too big for my pelvis (9+lbs) and turned the wrong direction -- but it was amazing, as is our Elizabeth (Izzy). She arrived at 2:21 AM on February 1st.

More details to come, but I wanted to share the news and some photos of the "little one"







28 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congratulations! She is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Welcome to the world, beautiful Izzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous! Congratulations! Enjoy every second :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a sweetie - congratulations! I love the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa, what a cutie! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! Congrats!!! She is so pretty!! Is that red hair I see?!??!?! So...SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh!!! so cute! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, she's beautiful! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! She is absolutely gorgeous. Welcome Izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Yay! Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Sorry it was a hard labor. Look forward to hearing the full story. (2momsadopt).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful baby girl! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Yay! Yay! Enjoy those first few hazy crazy days. I recommend the Mt. Auburn breakfast sandwich! :) Congratulations, you two. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! She is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Congratulations@

    ReplyDelete
  17. New commenter here- congratulations, she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh!!! Welcome to the world Izzy!! You moms did it indeed! She is a beautiful pearl :) WOW! I cant believe she is here!! Looking forward to reading about your journey into motherhood. Congrats to you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely, stunningly beautiful...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely, stunningly beautiful...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAAAY!!!! Congratulations!! She's so beautiful!! 9 lbs?? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful! Late congrats on your gorgeous girl.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just got all caught up on your blog, so I know I'm late, but congratulations!!! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete