The false alarm did kick us into gear about the last remaining things on our To Do List: Belly Photo Shoot and Belly Cast. I have never been one to love the idea of posing for photos and certainly at the beginning of this pregnancy I did NOT think I was the type to want a belly photo-shoot but after hearing about so many of you doing them and just LOVING the results, I figured what the heck-- I mean we did just get a really fancy-dancy new camera..... So this past weekend W and I staged our own "professional" shoot. Here are a few of the more decent ones!
W also really wanted to do a belly cast, I wasn't so sure how it would turn out but hey -- why not. So after an hour of plaster-induced-stillness we ended up with a pretty cool mold. We decided to paint it to match the other Golden Gate Park woodcut prints that we have hanging in Pluty's room. Not sure _what_ we will do with it yet, but at least it matches the decor :)
(its still drying/waiting for a second coat of paint)- bonus points to anyone who can correctly identify the SF-Bay Area landmark.
Happy 2011 to all - its gonna be an interesting year to say the least!
Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing! (2momsadopt)
ReplyDeletenice pics & I love the cast! It look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteLovely belly pics! And, surprisingly, I like the cast, too. I never understood those, but yours is really pretty!
ReplyDeleteyou look great & the cast is beautiful! I find I am occasionally missing the kicks I had in the last weeks, but overall I was not sorry to say goodbye to 42 weeks if pregnancy! I do hope you are enjoying it, though, and drinking plenty of fluids ;)
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE that first picture!! What a perfect baby bump!
ReplyDeleteI've never even heard of a belly cast before but that is awesome! nice pics!
ReplyDeleteB-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!! Really and truly gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable! I love the belly cast! I would never be brave (or patient!) enough to do one, but so cute. :)
ReplyDeletelovelovelove both the pictures and the cast. everything is DIY, huh? sometime, when i'm much bigger, i'm going to ask you more about how.
ReplyDeleteOh my God! You're huge! Those are great pix - I'd say I like them better than the ones my professional photog took. I'm so excited for you as you near the big day...we were so happy we were at Mt. Auburn in the end. Btw, I used almost nothing I learned in the hypnobirthing class when it came to the actual event. Oh well!
ReplyDelete