Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And....

we are full term! Fully cooked!

It feels like a huge milestone (20 days left!) but *really* 20+/- more days?!?... We have been so excited about all of the recent births/birth stories that we are hoping our little one gets the hint and decides to show up a bit early! According to our last scan, she is right on track weight-wise so really, any day now....tick-tock, tick-tock, this seems like the ultimate waiting game.

Any advice for the final weeks? I know she will come when she is good and ready (and thus far she has proven to be a stubborn little sucker), but any 'wives-tail' or other advice on getting things "moving"/trying to convince her that sometime next week would be an *awesome* time to be born?

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to the end! I hope your little one gets the memo and shows up ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. w00t! amazing!

    i hear great things about acupuncture for getting things moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening primriseoil and bouncing on a yoga ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took castor oil with both of mine. They showed up the next day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, how are you full term already?! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was fast! Enjoy those last few weeks if you can. :) Go out to dinner, see a movie! Seriously! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! In my desperation I did evening primrose oil and black cohosh (midwife said castor oil was no good since I was not dilated.) Also acupuncture! I second 2c1h-- go do the things that will soon be memories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. our doula said the same thing about acupuncture, that it really truly works.

    ReplyDelete